“Will Be Back!”

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed 15 November 2011

To start....thank you to a very hospitable staff! Our king, non-smoking room was on the 3rd floor. It was very clean, and the new pillow-top bed was very comfortable for a great night's rest. The only thing that was disappointing was the water pressure in the shower. If you're a person like me who needs their shower in the morning to wake up, you will need several cups of coffee here, too! My birthday happened to be on the weekend that I stayed here. I asked at the front desk if they offered anything complimentary to guests for their birthdays. I was given a coupon for $10.00 to use in their adjoining Brown Rock Restaurant. A very nice gesture! I used the coupon for a dinner entree, and the food was delicious. I had the chicken parmesan. I found it disappointing though that a hotel guest had to pay approximately $9.00 for their daily hot breakfast buffet. A top-notch hotel/casino combo would have this as a complimentary buffet to their guests. (If you want a good, filling, hot and cheap breakfast buffet, I would suggest to go to Tin Lizzie's just down the street.) The customer service at this hotel is exceptional. They helped us locate a golf course in nearby Spearfish, SD (Spearfish Canyon Country Club - excellent course!) And, they also helped me locate a local salon. All I can say is, we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lml68508

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I've stayed at the Deadwood Americinn many times over the last 10 years. The King Executive rooms remain along the most spacious, clean, and comfortable rooms I have ever enjoyed. The pool is long enough to swim laps and the steam room and hot tub are very well maintained and kept very clean. But over time, the perks associated with the casino and restaurant have diminished and the inflated price of the same room during the weekend means that I choose to stay in Deadwood during the week but move to a hotel in Rapid City for the weekend. If you are traveling Monday thru Thursday then I'd highly recommend staying at the Americinn Hotel and Suites in Deadwood.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Deb014
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My husband and I knew nothing about Deadwood, but we were visiting Mt. Rushmore and we love little casino towns, so we booked a room at Cadillac Jack's for a couple of nights. What a delightful surprise it was! The room wasn't perfect, but it was just fine. Casino was fabulous and the restaurant was good too. Most of all, the staff was awesome - very helpful, kind and even had sense of humor. We were able to visit all the nearby sites - Devil's Tower, Rushmore, Sturgis - and when we came "home" to Cadillac Jack's, we thanked our lucky stars because we won at the penny slots!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ShannonI_11
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Great Rooms & very friendly staff. $25 per night for pets, but it is a hotel-casino combo & room rates are very reasonable in the off-season (we just left there this am). Newer hotel-----the older, historic hotels in Deadwood generally didn't allow dogs (I checked). Loved Deadwood and the Black Hills. If you have a pet, this is the place to stay. After visiting relatives in 6 states, we ended up spending 4 nights (rather than 2) in Deadwood.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Denise J
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I write this review with over 100 nights stayed at this hotel. It had been our favorite hotel in town since it opened in 2002 but with that said it's been a couple of years since we last stayed at Cadillac Jack's but given the remodel we thought we'd try it again. The new pillow top beds were comfortable. The flat screen TVs were a nice addition but that's about it. The sink drained slowly and the tub and shower curtain were moldy. We also were grossed out by the hot tub. We had dinner at the Rock Bottom Sports Bar, it was rock bottom. The burger was burnt beyond any taste and the ribs came straight out of a box from a food service company. We had filet mignon at the Alpine Inn in Hill City for less money. The other options in town include Minerva's at the Lodge or Midnight Star Sports Bar have far superior quality at about the same prices. The competition has sadly left them far behind and it's obvious that the management has no clue. I hate to see how another 100 rooms opening in town soon will impact this property.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family