“Good breakfast”

Creekside Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Deadwood
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Large party on a Saturday but received fast service. Lots of locals frequent here, food is good, portions good size.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This trip we are breakfast here a few days and never disappointed. Service was great food was delicious and fast. They are always busy. Staff is friendly. They have wonderful rolls. Give them a try

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This restaurant was very close to our hotel. We both had Monte Cristo sandwiches that were excellent (and usually hard to find). Our server, Charity, was great.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I am a local and this was my/our 4th attempt to dine at the Creekside, and probably my last! We decided to eat here for our anniversary as our first choice in restaurants had taken an item off their menu that we were both going to try (Beef Wellington). In three other attempts to eat at the Creekside, one time was permissible! I had a burger and my partner had the Monte Cristo. Both were decent. One out of four..not very good odds. The other two times we tried the ribeye dinner. The first ribeye was so fatty that the fat made up almost half the weight of the steak and the service was poor. The second time (2017, just last year) it seemed as though the steak improved but the sides were canned and I received things I asked to be left off..(onions). This last attempt cost almost $65.00 and things were back to being on par with our other two trips. Both ribeyes were very fatty about a third of the steaks and the waitress got our orders backwards when serving us even though she asked who got what. I ordered medium and it was on the border of rare/raw...parts of the steak were purple not pink or red. My partner's steak was supposed to be medium well and was just barely to medium as many parts of his steak were rare/red. Both baked potatoes were just barely at room temperature...they could barely melt the butter put on them! The salad bar although a nice addition could use some thousand island and or bleu cheese dressings not just Ranch and 5 other cloyingly sweet dressings that is typical midwest fare. The sunflower rolls were good, although I think they are typically served with your salad or appetizer, we received them with dinner. Maybe in the distant future we may try lunch again, but it's going to take quite a bit of persuasion..and A Lot Better Food and Service!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Short walk from hotel. Had the open face beef sandwich. The bread and mashed potatoes were awesome. A little busy and noisy with small seating area, but did not have to wait more than 5 minutes for a party of 7. Most of the crowd had sandwiches with choice of bread (thick cut). Staff was friendly and attentive. Would recommend.

Been to Creekside Restaurant? Share your experiences!