“Pleasant place to stay”
Review of Ramkota Hotel

Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pierre
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Spent 3 days at the Ramkota in Pierre SD while on a business trip. The room was spacious and clean; the hotel was quiet and that was a big plus for me. Food was excellent and the variety quite amazing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jerry C
Jason B, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Jerry C,
Thank you for the 4 star review! We are very happy to hear you had a pleasant and peaceful experience with us. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I attended a conference held in the convention center so the choice of accommodation was dictated by that, not connected to anything else. So my humble opinion of the room was that the bed was hard and uncomfortable for my taste and it took several tries to find the right combination of pillows to make it at least bearable to get some sleep. I did not have a fridge or microwave in room which is a convenience I've become accustomed to in my travels. You don't know how much you miss it until it's gone. The tiny in-room coffee maker did it's job, but don't expect to make 2 cups of coffee quickly. It apparently takes some time to cool off enough to allow itself to heat up another cup of water. Then there's the train....if you're a light sleeper, don't get a room on the north side of the building for sure. I had issues connecting to the wifi and whether it was my devices or not, I had to reconnect every morning and in every meeting room.

I did not use the onsite restaurants so no comments on those, but the food we were served as part of the conference was decent.

If you're there for a conference, dress for all kinds of temperatures. Depending on where I was in the main convention space, I was either cold or comfortable. In the smaller meeting rooms I was hot. In the amphitheater, I was wishing I had a winter coat and gloves to wear. I think that's typical of any meeting space I've been in though.

I did not get to use the other amenities like the pool or fitness center. FYI, the pool was dark at 9:30 pm on a Thursday night even though closing time is 10 according to the posted hours.

The one thing I wish I would have had time to do is take a walk along the edge of the river. There is a nice walking/bike path that is fairly easy to get to from the motel (across the parking lot and under the bridge). I'll have to save that for my next visit.

Room Tip: stay on the south side away from the train
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I stayes for a few nights in one of the rooms in the back. The room was a good size, had a refrigerator and acceptable wifi. The room had deferred maintenance but was clean. The rooms are very spread out ans there is no elevator. Pool was almost always empty. Train went by each night and woke me up. Other travellers with me in other rooms had same issues. Staff was friendly and let us know exactly where to go when we arrived. Bar was ok but glasses were dirty. Free happy hour snack!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I checked in with total ease and was surprised at how beautiful my room was. Although the hotel is pretty busy, it is quiet. The location of this hotel is perfect. I have had great encounters with the staff and they have all been happy and helpful.

Room Tip: First floor suites are my favorite!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Carmella B.,
Thank you for the fantastic review. I will pass this directly to the front desk employees. We hope to have you again!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Front desk wasn't very attentive. Didn't show us how to get to our room and the layout is very confusing. Spent 20 minutes trying to find the room before going and asking for a map. Rooms clean, beds ok. If this is the last place open I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Jason B, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us feedback. We apologize that you were unable to find your room and the front desk attendant did not show you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pierre
0.1 km away
0.3 km away
Governor's Inn - Pierre
Governor's Inn - Pierre
#5 of 10 in Pierre

Been to Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!