“GOOD AS USUAL”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We had to get our table first, they always want to sit you in one of those booths, that make you feel like your a catcher in a baseball game, they are so low. Said no, give me that one its empty, the ones you step up to.Claimed no servers for those, sat us there anyway and within 10 minutes the whole section was full! So what was the deal??? Anyhow soon as we did sit down got a great waiter, who gave us great service and food was good.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stopped in after an 11 hour day of travel. Due to a rare medical condition I am very limited to the amount of fat I can have each day. So a six ounce very lean sirloin is about it for me with no added fats. We have eaten numerous times at Texas Road House throughout the country and know that they put bacon grease on their potatoes so they will bake very moist. Other Texas Road House restaurants have prepared my sweet potato without the bacon grease and it takes about 20 minutes longer. They also bring the salads first and then the rest of our food when my potato is ready. Well not tonight. They brought our salads and they were correct. My husband's had everything and mine was minus, cheese, eggs and salad dressing. A few minutes later they brought my husband's food and my steak with no potato. My potato arrived almost twenty minutes later. 17 to be exact and then it did not have the cinnamon and brown sugar I had ordered. So add the three minutes it took to go get the cinnamon and brown sugar and twenty minutes later I got my potato. Almost laughable until the waiter told us he ordered his like that all of the time and his potato always came out after the rest of the food. Pretty sure that was a bare faced lie since he did not mention it when I ordered it. Actually he came back after he put the order in and said that they cooks could fix my potato without the bacon fat and no butter, but ot would take an extra twenty minutes. The food coming out at different times is one thing, but being dishonest with a customer is inexcusable to me. I was pretty nice about it, but gave him less of a tip due to his dishonesty. He still got 15% which my husband said was more than fair due to the circumstances.

1  Thank J-W
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We had supper here on a Saturday. The place was busy but service was great. As we were finishing up the waitresses were cleaning across from us. We were impressed - they were wiping down menus, seat cushions, under seat cushions. Very thorough in their cleaning. Made us feel good about the cleanliness of the restaurant! Food was very good. Always a good choice to eat!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

It was a Saturday night and we had booked in advance and its as well we did. We arrived to find the car park full and about thirty people queuing outside and probably another twenty inside. Anyway we told the girl on the desk we had already booked and she checked her list and said ok there would be a short wait and she was right but it was just a few minutes. The place was full and noisy so not a place to visit for a romantic dinner. The service was first class our order was taken quickly and the food excellent. My wife had the ribs and the meat just fell of the bone, I had the New York strip, medium well and cooked to perfection. When we left there were still people waiting outside so its not really a surprise after the meal we had ,this is a place to visit as often as you can a really good meal and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I had been wanting to eat at this restaurant for a long time. I had heard about their wonderful steaks. Nothing beats locally grown beef so I NEVER order a steak in a restaurant from past experience as it has no flavor. Well, what a great surprise!!! The steaks were excellent! Cooked as ordered, with great taste and very tender. I would highly recommend trying a steak here. I am definitely returning. Oh, I cannot forget, the waiter we had was excellent!