“Early Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We met up with family at the Frying Pan after a flight to Sioux Falls from Toronto. The food was delicious and the staff friendly. Lots of choice on the menu. The coffee was good and replenished frequently. Our only downside was that they missed charging us for one of our entrees so whether they mixed our bill with another or not, we weren't sure but had to get that straightened out but in the end still a reasonable bill total all said.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to Sioux Falls, so we asked our hotel clerk to recommend a good restaurant that was close to our hotel. Her response was the Fryn' Pan, which was not only within walking distance, but she also gave us a discount coupon. We were wonderfully pleased! The restaurant was clean, has a "homey" feeling to it and is family friendly. We were quickly seated and greeted by our waitress. Their menu is HUGE and you can probably get most anything you might be hungry for and breakfast is served all day. They had a soup and salad bar that was constantly kept clean and replenished by one attendant. Most important of all, the food was excellent. It was hot when we were served and had great flavor. It was just a good home cooked meal! We would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank JayLouW
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I ate their twice in 10 hours. 12 pm and 11 am. At midnight I had the BLT sandwich which was served with lettuce, tomato and a spicy mayonnaise. I ordered the salad instead of french fries. The house salad was fresh and tasted great. The bacon was cooked to perfection and made a good base for a BLT sandwich. In the morning before we left we went back to have lunch. This time I had the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich with the salad bar instead of French Fries. The salad bar is very fresh and was loaded with all kinds of additions to your salads. The Philly Cheese Steak was juicy and had a great taste.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We wanted a comfy food place for dinner and this was recommended by the hotel. Great choice. Extensive menu and the wait staff was friendly, fast and efficient. The restaurant had many locals there and she handled many tables very well. I was impressed by the choices, and enjoyed the salad bar and veggie soup as I wanted a smaller meal. My husband had the taco salad and said it was fine. I also had a vanilla milk shake - which was excellent! My husband enjoyed the shortcake. Manager was friendly, and gave us an extra $5 off the meal as we were "seniors". Cannot complain about that.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Had a decent salad bar and 4 choices of soup. I had the grilled walleye and it practically melted in my mouth. Waitress Oliver was attentive and friendly. Sirloin tips was another entree that we agreed was quite good. Nice place instead of a chain. No alcoholic beverages here. Prices were moderate.