“Great pancakes and fruit bowl”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #18 of 421 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a great breakfast. I had the pancakes which are as good as any I have had. We shared a fruit bowl which was huge and tasty. Good bacon. Service from Brandy was amazing!!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

You need to be in fasting stage if you want to get the best of the menu. The Georgia pecan and the Coconut pancakes are my all time favorite and am not going to even mention the bacon. Waiting time? will depend on the hour you go, but there is a reason there are always packed! Wish the coffee would be a little bit stronger but that's ok.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Breakfast - brunch - lunch: all fresh and delicious! My Mom had the soup(chili) and chicken salad croissant. She raves that the croissant was one of the best she has ever had - it was flaky just right for the chicken salad was perfectly seasoned. The chili was also perfectly seasoned - it had a zing but wasn’t too spicy.

I had my go-to breakfast - gluten-free pancakes with eggs. This is the only restaurant I have found that offers gluten-free pancakes that taste like the pancakes of my childhood before I was diagnosed as a celiac. They also have flavored syrup and real maple syrup The only dilemma is which pancake flavor... so many to choose from. My favorites are banana and blueberry.

The staff is always friendly with the right amount of attentive. Because of the great food and service there is often a waiting list for a table, but it is well worth the wait and there is seating and newspapers available while you wait.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I have never been disappointed with a meal from the original pancake house. I do however like to go when I don’t have a long wait. Weekends get busy. They close at 3pm. The portions are huge so bring your appetite!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

After eyeing The Original House of Pancakes a long time, we finally went. I really, really wanted to love this place. We put our name in at 11:15 and we were finally seated at 12 or a little after. We were a group of 10 and it was two days after Christmas, so I can understand that they were especially busy. Once seated, the service felt very slow. Our table ordered a variety of dishes. My husband is not a big pancake fan but the menu offers lots of options. It didn't help that the first two things he ordered were no longer being offered, even though they were still listed on the menu. I can give high marks for accuracy and presentation. The pancakes themselves were outstanding, but overall we were underwhelmed. My husband and I shared a "Classic Ham and Cheese" omelet which was virtually tasteless. We suspect the eggs had been in the warehouse a while. My sister-in-law ordered the "Eggs Florentine" and the tomato was so pale pink that it didn't even deserve to be on the plate. She had no interest in eating it. As a farmer, I know that even in South Dakota we have access to better ingredients than this! I deliver fresh, organic eggs to six other Sioux Falls establishments every week myself and know of other farms delivering indoor produce year-round. Food is only as good as the ingredients one uses and, unfortunately, this place has a lot of room for improvement.