“Mother's Day Family brunch”

Callaway's and The Pub at Callaway's
Ranked #126 of 403 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2017

It wasn't really brunch as you ordered off the menu and we knew that--just didn't know what else to call it--food was overpriced for what you got and even though we were the first to be served our fish tacos were all COLD!!! 3 of us ordered it and all 3 were cold-no excuse for cold food--didn't want to make a fuss as there were too many people -it is definitely not a place to go in my humble opinion.

There are newer reviews for Callaway's and The Pub at Callaway's

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I ordered the Fish and Chips (you have a choice of french fries or chips). Dumb me thought the "chips" would be waffle fries, wedges, anything buy potato chips -- however I was sorely disappointed. The British would role over in their graves if they knew potato chips were served with the fish for fish and chips. The chips were hard and oily. When the waiter brought the plate, he commented on how large the fish was. It was indeed large -- easily from my finger tip to my wrist. However, I'd guess that 75% of that was the batter. I didn't care for the heavily battered serving and pealed it back. the actual amount of fish was, let's just say puny. What was there did taste good; but the fish and chips hardly rated the $13.99. I had to leave the gathering halfway through the event. The food took so long to get there, I was lucky the batter didn't taste good because I barely had enough time to eat the little fish that was there before I had to depart.
A few days later, I was reconciling the charges on the credit card I used for the fish and chips. I discovered that an additional $3.98 had been charged. When I called CJ Callaways, the lady stated that the discrepancy was an additional charge that the credit card company had imposed, but that it would be removed within a few days. As incredulous as that sounded, I called the credit card company who didn't have a clue as to what the CJ Callaways employee had stated. The credit card company then set up a three-way conversation with the manager at CJ Callaways and me. The manager was caught completely off guard by the extraneous charge -- he said the $3.98 would be credited back to my card.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

We attended a Christmas party at the event center. Beautiful facilities and the appetizers were delicious. I'd love to try the restaurant and pub sometime.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Nothing special here. If you are already here at the golf course, might as well stop by. But, beyond convenience, this place has nothing spectacular to offer as a restaurant. I don't mind spending money on good food. This is bar food, with no quality ingredients used. The Chislic is alright. Don't go out of your way to go here to eat. You will be disappointed.

Thank J.E. C
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The dining area is very nice but the acoustics are terrible...very noisy and hard to have a pleasant dinner conversation. The service was good but the food was just OK. We were there at 6:30 P.M. so it wasn't as though we were getting there on the tail end of being served dinner. They do have a nice bar area and there is outside seating but the weather did not permit that evening. There was nothing special in the delivery of the food. The salmon was drowning in sauce and the salads were wilted. The other side is more a sports bar and pub food although I understand you can order off the dining room menu as well. Probably more a neighborhood/or after golf place to meet.