Iron Horse Inn(Whitewood)(Great Value!)
US$95
Travelocity
Rocky Road Inn(Whitewood)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblack hillsterihostsdeeraccommodations
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My husband had been trying to coax me into going out to the Sturgis Rally for the past few years and I finally agreed with reservation that I'd go this year. He asked me to look for hotels. The idea of a bed and breakfast popped into my head as the neutralizer for what I had signed myself up for (Sturgis Rally). I emailed High Prairie Lodge about their availability during our time frame. They responded to my inquiry within a half hour! : ) Thankfully my husband agreed we could stay there as the location looked to be perfect. What a wonderful surprise when we drove up. It exceeded both our expectations. The place is beautiful, immaculate, and very peaceful. We would see over 100 whitetail every evening. I loved our bedroom. It was beautifully and tastefully decorated. It felt like I was at a Spa getaway! The breakfasts and desserts each night were outstanding. Teri is a true gourmet cook! We loved the owners Teri & Dave and helpers Judy and Jenni. They were all so personable, friendly and like family. It was hard to say goodbye, I wanted to bring them all home with me! I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast and know it will NOT disappoint in any way. We will definitely stay again! My husband and I will never want to stay anywhere else and Paul will no longer have to persuade me to go along! Thank you again Teri, Dave, Judy and Jenni

Room Tip: All are awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Teri & Dave own & operate a beautiful lodge in spearfish S.D.
The accommodations are first class & very comfortable.
Teri is a fantastic cook with all meals shared in a family atmosphere.
Dave is a very knowledgeable outdoorsman with a long successful history of guiding and outfitting.
The staff is comprised of family and local friends of Teri & Dave and they are all friendly efficient folks.
Our visit to HPL exceeded all our expectations!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We chose High Prairie Lodge for my husbands spring turkey hunt. We wanted a quiet place to enjoy the Black Hills beauty, geat food and have a successful hunt. We were extremely pleased to enjoy all three plus a beatiful, spotless lodge and wonderful people. Dave and Teri are the perfect hosts. I wish I was a more eloquent writer to get across just how we enjoyed our stay. Close to Mt.Rushmore, Custer and Crazy Horse we saw it all. And returned to a very comfortable rooms and stunning great room. We will be back someday!

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I knew when I booked things sounded pretty good. Upon arrival my expectations were exceeded five fold. Overwhelmingly peaceful setting allowed me to leave it all behind. Sat on the porch most evenings watching all the whitetail about 100 yards away. Breakfast is unbelievable. Terry is a true gourmet. I did not need to eat daily until 5 pm. We felt like family in a short time. The place is immaculate and I loved the natural swimming hole on site. A pleasant surprise. Terry, Judy & Dave are the best quality folk I've seen.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G-Maine
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This was a very beautiful place. The hosts were terrific people and very interesting. The ambiance was terrific. We had the back cabin with the wood bed. The hot tub was relaxing at night. The food was incredible each morning. Our hosts were so accommodating in giving us advice as where to go for shopping and sight seeing. The entire place was extremely clean and they were kind enough to show us the part where they lived. So beautiful. One night we were using their bbq outside and they insisted on having us come inside. Highly recommend this place and will probably stay there again. The bed & breakfast atmosphere is so nice as you get to know the guests and the hosts.

Room Tip: single cabin was very private but the suites in the main house were wonderful too
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple