Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville(Caryville)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$80
US$58
Groupon.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

All reviewsdriving for hoursstaff was very friendlyfloridapropertypetmicrowaveexitfreeway
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I hate to write a bad review, but this place is a bit of a dump. It's a relatively cheap motel that is short on charm and amenities. The room I stayed in was clean, but that's about all I can praise about the place.

The driveway into the Super 8 is a bit frightening. The driveway is on a hill, so when leaving, you have to step on the gas to go from the parking lot up to the road, then hit the brakes at the top of the driveway to keep from running out into oncoming traffic. The Super 8 is nestled between a fireworks store and the Liquor Barn. The parking lot had a number of old pickup trucks, and my neighbor was driving a badly damaged car, with a crumpled fender and plastic stretched over one of the windows. Guests smoke outside on the walkway past the rooms. At one point, there was an argument brewing between the couple staying in the room next door, part of which was conducted in the parking lot.

My biggest complaint was the lack of thought put into the room I stayed in. There was no note paper or pen. There was no light on the little wood desk in the room. And there weren't enough electrical outlets. I had to unplug the microwave in order to plug in my computer. As I spend a lot of my in-room time on my computer, I was less than pleased with the situation.

The staff is pleasant - as long as you don't need anything from them. When I told them I needed shaving cream, they referred me to a Dollar General store up the street. It turned out to be the most disorganized store I've ever been in. That's not Super 8's fault, of course, but it seems to say something about the neighborhood they're located in.

If your main concern is low cost, the Super 8 may do it for you. But I wouldn't call it a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Cheap. That's about it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family