“Pitiful”

Reviewed 27 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim C

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here just for an 8 hour sleep while traveling. The room we were in was a smoking room, and that's ok except the blankets and bedspread are literally decades old and filled with stains and cigarette burns. The room was clean except the carpet was gross. The sheets were clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable enough. The two DEAL BREAKERS are that the AC had been off so long and was so weak we all had to sleep in our underwear and were miserable. I know it had to be 90 degrees and I bet it never got any cooler than 80. The other is that something bit my left hand, left thumb, my elbow, my upper arm and the flesh beside my left eye and cause some pretty intense allergic reactions. Thankfully neither kid or my husband were bit. If I could do it over, I'd spend another 30 and stay someplace nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I hate to write a bad review, but this place is a bit of a dump. It's a relatively cheap motel that is short on charm and amenities. The room I stayed in was clean, but that's about all I can praise about the place.

The driveway into the Super 8 is a bit frightening. The driveway is on a hill, so when leaving, you have to step on the gas to go from the parking lot up to the road, then hit the brakes at the top of the driveway to keep from running out into oncoming traffic. The Super 8 is nestled between a fireworks store and the Liquor Barn. The parking lot had a number of old pickup trucks, and my neighbor was driving a badly damaged car, with a crumpled fender and plastic stretched over one of the windows. Guests smoke outside on the walkway past the rooms. At one point, there was an argument brewing between the couple staying in the room next door, part of which was conducted in the parking lot.

My biggest complaint was the lack of thought put into the room I stayed in. There was no note paper or pen. There was no light on the little wood desk in the room. And there weren't enough electrical outlets. I had to unplug the microwave in order to plug in my computer. As I spend a lot of my in-room time on my computer, I was less than pleased with the situation.

The staff is pleasant - as long as you don't need anything from them. When I told them I needed shaving cream, they referred me to a Dollar General store up the street. It turned out to be the most disorganized store I've ever been in. That's not Super 8's fault, of course, but it seems to say something about the neighborhood they're located in.

If your main concern is low cost, the Super 8 may do it for you. But I wouldn't call it a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Cheap. That's about it.