“Absolutely Wonderful!”

Cafe & Toast Vietnamese & Singapore Cuisine
Ranked #356 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I search for noodle shops wherever we travel, and we found Cafe and Toast while traveling through Chattanooga. We have had wonderful noodle soups and noodle dishes from coast to coast, and this little restaurant tops them all. A fusion of cuisines from Singapore and Vietnam, they have taken the best of both and created masterpieces. I had the sweet, sour, and spicy chicken soup, the most flavorful soup I've ever eaten; my wife had chicken and vegetable vermicelli, which was equally divine. The vegetable roll appetizer was marvelous.

1  Thank Dale A

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We tried cafe & toast primarily because we had never eaten Vietnamese cuisine. We had fresh spring rolls as an appetizer, my wife had the grilled chicken bun, and I had the garlic chicken and rice.
The fresh spring rolls were amazing. Very tasting and great with the peanut sauce. My wife loved her grilled chicken with vermicelli. She continuously mentioned how fresh the vegetables were and great it tasted. My garlic chicken also contained fresh veggies and the chicken had a light batter that tasted amazing.
This was great Vietnamese cuisine in nearby Tiftonia. Who knew?

1  Thank ArtPhemister
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

What a surprise in Chattanooga. After a long day of travel, we wanted a close by take out meal within a half mile of our hotel. Super friendly service, clean and wonderful food. Ordered shrimp salad rolls, pad Thai, garlic chicken, shrimp/noodle soup and fried shrimp dumplings. The salad rolls were some of the best we've ever had. The soup was very good. Tasty and not too salty. Everything tastes fresh and the portions were plentiful. Be careful ordering too much like we did. Although we enjoyed our leftovers this morning. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back. If I could score a 4.5, I would.

1  Thank Kurt L
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I am a fan of Vietnamese food and this is the very best I have had! At exit174 off I24 next to Walmart . The owner, Johnny, is extreamly accommodating in explaining the Menu. It has a Singapore twist to it and is exceptional.
The fresh spring rolls are wonderful with a great peanut sauce. Pho huge portion and delicious. No liquor license but we were told we could bring our own wine which was a nice touch after a long day of driving.everything is FRESH FRESH and while traveling interstates that is very hard to find!
The food was so good, on our way back home to Florida the following week we stopped to pick up take out to take home with us!

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We literally happened on this place headed home. My husband had the fried noodles with shrimp. The server suggested "something different ", I'm always up for a new taste. He suggested the spicy noodle pho, I got it with shrimp. It was really really good! Very different flavors then what a typical pho is but in a good way. Really enjoyed my soup. Spring rolls are huge and has a slightly different ingredients , still yummy. We ordered 2 thinking it wouldn't be enough. 1 order would have been perfect.

2  Thank jsallis906