Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Not worth the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

The staff was nice, rooms spacious and clean (although carpet was worn and stained) and location was good. The deluxe breakfast was average and out of syrup for waffles. So, we had to take the kids out to eat which really made me angry because we just spent too much money on the room (and we even got AAA discount!) Completely over priced for what you get especially, when you have to buy breakfast too. Our hotel on the ocean in south Florida (and bigger) was only $35 more per night! Won't be staying here again. Next time will go across the street for 1/2 the price!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elenvin
Tori C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
I am so sorry to take so long to reply. I am distressed that you did not feel the hotel was a good value, especially since we do pride ourselves on offering more than just a room, and it is apparent we missed the mark in your case. I do apologize, and I hope that should you return to the area to spend time with us again, you will find it a completely different experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

It was terrible kids running in the halls dashing in and out of the elevator almost knocked me down and people slamming doors. My sister and I could not get to sleep because of all the noise and we where so tired the next day when our family came to pick us up. People partying in their room with their doors open making all kinds of noise, we called down stairs several times to complain and no one answered the phone I had to go down stairs to tell the man at the front desk and all the parents where outside and the kids where unattended and the man at the front desk and he just said that's unappropriate and that was it the noise continued because the parents did nothing about it and neither did the person at the front desk.. I would not recommend this place and I will never stay there again when I come to visit my family in Chattanooga.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 110Pam110
I am so sorry to hear about this! I was not working at the hotel during this time but I have reviewed the incident and taken the appropriate measures to be sure this sort of thing does not happen again. Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the hotel so that I could address an issue I might not have otherwise known about. On behalf of the entire team here I do apologize for the situation, and I can promise that it will be entirely different should you stay here again. We all take pride in helping our guests and providing a safe, comfortable stay. We are focused on you, our guests, and making sure you have a great trip. I am sorry this was not the case when you were here, and I hope you will return and give me a chance to show you how we have improved.
WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

...and I almost forgot to review it! We vacationed in the South for ten days this spring and stayed just one night here. We nearly extended our trip in order to stay longer, the suite was that nice. Spacious, comfortable, nicely decorated, clean...we loved it. It outshone every similarly priced hotel we've ever stayed in.

The staff were also very friendly and professional.

How I wish that every hotel stay could be so pleasant. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

First time going to Chattanooga on business and being a hotelier for over 14 years, I was very impressed by the great Southern hospitality provided by all of the staff of this beautiful hotel.

I called to make my reservation on the phone, Front desk staff was knowledgeable and friendly.

Requested to be picked up from the airport upon arrival, a cab was per-arranged and waiting as my flight landed. Cab driver had actually left 2 voice mail messages to let me know he was outside waiting.

Hotel is only a 5-7 minute drive from the airport, check-in was fast and I was given keys to my room. Lobby was immaculate, hotel very inviting. Guest room was spotless and looked brand new as did the entire property.

Wake up calls were on the dot, not even a second or two off (wow)! Check-out was fast as well and yet cab waiting again at the exact time requested to take me back to the airport.

General Manager; Hannah Lemley, very professional & welcoming, did a splendid job!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Chattanooga, TN.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

stayed there sept 30 on our way to florida.excellent rooms, service and breakfast. so comfortable and large rooms!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family