“Great China Buffet”

New China Buffet and Grill
Ranked #447 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I have had many times that I ate at Chinese restaurants and been disappointed wondering, "how do you ruin Chinese?" Not easy, but possible. This place gets it right and with a smile. Their aren't many places like it. The service is good, really minimal, as most do the buffet, you can also order from the menu but why would you when the choices are plentiful in their buffet. Tasty is the name of the game for all dishes such as their sesame chicken, beef & broccoli, broiled salmon and grilled mussels. Also they have a section where you can get a rice bowl made to order. They also offer cold items such as peel & eat shrimp and mussels. The sushi is good quality, not top of the line, if you want that go to a sushi restaurant where they specialize in it. Here it's a side item but it's made well. The only problem I may see as one, but not really, is their desserts. They are simple and unimaginative for me, but that is not my point for going their, so I give them a pass on that issue. They do have various ice cream choices that are not too bad and fresh fruit as well. All and all, a very good deal for you hard earned dollars. I will definitely be a patron for life.

1  Thank cag_williams

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Poor! Walked in at the start of dinner thinking we'd get fresh food. Instead, most items were ice cold since they just left lunch items out. Couldn't eat. They decided to change out as we were leaving. When we complained, they called me a "LIAR!" LOL. Never again!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Rude staff. We always try to be polite and was surprised when the staff made no attempt to be polite and even smirked when I told the host the ages of my children. (Both above the age limit for the kids menu, so I'm unsure why the animosity)
The food wasn't good and it wasn't worth the price.
We will not visit again.
The positive: The restaurant was very clean.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

The hibachi grill is the best attraction, but don't expect it to get done fast. Not that it stays busy, the grill team is just slow as they are also the sushi team.

The sushi is okay, but can be very heavy with rice.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife visited new China on June 7;2017.we got a to go plate to take back to the hotel.the food was hot and fresh.when we got back to our room to eat.the food was yum yum!price was reasonable.