“Not quite up to expectation.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Crossville, Tennessee
“Not quite up to expectation.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I were looking for a place to end the year and start the new one together in style - A DELICIOUS EXTRAVAGANT 9 COURSE FRENCH CUISINE. Since we a day off for the first time in a long time, together, we decided to head on down to Chattanooga for some fun. We had a wonderful day and delicious foods early on - what we most looked forward to was the feast we were promised at La Cabriole. Around 7:45PM we headed to the restaruant. To my suprise we arrive at a double-wide trailer on someone's property. Although we thought this strange we decided to go with it - hoping the food and champagne and promised fireworks would delight us. Over a 4 hour time period we found the food was edible, but not amazing. The owner/manager/waitreess was also unable to answer any questions we had about the meal. The decor was from the 80s. I was freezing the last 3 hours (since we were seated in what appeared to be a 4 seasons room, even though there were plenty of vacant seats elsewhere. When it finally came time for champagne & fireworks, were were dissapointed too...we never got the champagne the show lasted less than 8 mins, 5 of which we didn't see. When my husband went to pay, he was told they do not accept cards. Had I not cashed my bonus check that day, there is no way we could've paid for our $65.00pp meal (like most people these days we only carry cards) - HOW EMBARRASSING! We both have simply laughed it off and choked it up to an "adventure". This is not a restaurant I would recommend to anyone.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank cs27dt

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Like no other place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

This one of the most unique dining experiences I've ever had. It was owned and operated by a husband and wife team. The husband walked around the restaurant sharing stories and wine with guest, while the wife made final food preparations. It was definitely more than just a meal. Because of just the two of them running it, the menu was limited. But no matter which choice you made, it was excellent.

I recently checked to see if they were still in business and the wife said her husband has passed, but she's still there cooking away. It was an experience I'll never forget. I don't know how different it would be now without the husband's entertainment.

• 4 of 5 bubbles