“Shrimp and grits to die for”

Southern Star Restaurants Incorporated
Ranked #60 of 921 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Reviewed 17 July 2016

The food is outstanding, everything is great but the shrimp and grits are killer and the deserts are so good!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2016

They have daily specials and lots of veggies. The fried chicken was delicious. Our server handled our table of 14 with no problems. I would just warn you that it can get very warm inside the restaurant during summer.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Okay, so my title is stolen from the restaurant, but it really is a great place to eat. Be warned, however, that if you try to eat lunch there during the week, you may have to wait. This is a hot spot for lunch and for good reason. The salads are great, but it is really known for the meat & three options. LOVE this place.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

To be honest, I have tried the sister restaurant on Signal Mountain and I was not terribly impressed. However, I visited the restaurant on Broad Street in Chattanooga with colleagues and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was excellent, the Service was outstanding, and the atmosphere was lively. Though this is a very busy establishment and there will be some wait time, it is well worth the wait! I will definitely be back and will gladly bring friends and family with me!

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Had a great experience at this cafe. It appeared to be jam-packed with customers on a Tuesday afternoon for lunch. We were surprised when the host swooped in with me us and a table in less than two minutes. I was impressed with this well-oiled machine. We had a smiling server who offered suggestions for our meal and served up drinks and our meal in under an hour! Woo hoo! Happy to discover this place - and btw, great food! We had the chicken pot pie and Cobb salad. Both were wonderful!