“Fast, friendly, accurate delivery”
Review of China Gourmet

China Gourmet
Ranked #244 of 888 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

We way over ordered. This place has huge portions. The soup was so hot we wondered if the delivery guy had a stove in his car. The appetizers (egg rolls, dumplings, crab rangoon, and shrimp toast) were hot and tasty. I said we over ordered. Our entrees, Mongolian chicken, shrimp fried rice, and sesame chicken,.were all very good. A good option when you are too tired to leave the hotel. Did I mention that we over ordered?

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

This food is some of the BEST Chinese I have ever had! I got the chicken with broccoli and my husband had the General Tso's chicken. It was really cheap and we got SO MUCH good food. The only thing that I did not like was the crab Rangoon. It was really chewy, but other than that I loved it! I would totally come here again

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We recently stayed at the new La Quinta on Browns Ferry Road. When we arrived we were starved and tired. From the parking lot we spied a hole in the wall Chinese restaurant in what appeared to be an abandoned strip mall with a neon sign that said OPEN. We inquired at the front desk as to what the clerk knew of the nearby restaurant and he said it was great. Skeptical but starved we trudged the few feet over to China Gourmet. Entering we could not help but notice that the place was just a few bare tables and a counter with a small kitchen behind the counter. The menu was typical and extensive. So, with some trepidation we ordered. The food was great. Maybe even better than great.
We shared a crab rangoon appetizer and it was the real deal. Delicious. A whole lot of the tasty fried pockets filled with cream cheese and crab. I had the Mongolian beef and my wife, a real talker, had the beef with broccoli. Both were beyond good. Quality ingredients, perfect sauces and absolutely delicious. My wife was reduced to a periodic "WOW" throughout the meal as she plowed through her dinner. I couldn't have agreed more.
So, to summarize, China Gourmet looks like a place to go only if you are near death from starvation but it is really a destination restaurant with a crummy atmosphere and really really good food.

1  Thank traveler58201
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Staying at the Fairfield Inn nearby, we ordered Pork and Broccoli and Shrimp and Scallops in Garlic sauce. Ordering delivery, I have no idea of the ambiance or the rest.

However, China Gourmet's food is excellent! I know it sounds crazy, but the sauces on the two dishes were both different, sapient and wonderful. The food arrived hot. We both chowed down happily and then asked, 'How did we find this?' (we just asked the local workers!) Wonderful. Well worth a try!

1  Thank J B
Reviewed 29 July 2013

After spending the day at Chickamauga and Lookout Mountain we were tired and hungry but sick of boring chain or bland American food and found this near our hotel. I'm a vegetarian so I get desperate for good veggies while on trips. I ordered the steamed vegetables and, oh my! It was way more than I could eat but they were steamed perfectly and you could tell they were freshly chopped (not from a bag of frozen foods). My husband got a chicken dish and simply loved it. Totally recharged us to continue our journey.

1  Thank christinee2013