“Loved it!”

Big River Hamilton Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Big River Hamilton Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 889 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2017

We went here to celebrate being with family over spring break. EVERYTHING was delicious, starting with good beer and great long islands! Kids meals were reasonably priced, especially the dessert and the strawberry lemonade was fresh squeezed and some of the best kids drink I've tasted! I ordered a salad (Mexican Honey Chicken) and it was amazing! My husband ordered hazelnut chicken served with mashed potatoes and corn and it too was delicious. My mom ordered the tomato basil soup with a wedge salad, both of which were great and my dad chose a burger that was cooked perfectly. The kids dessert was $1.50 for a HUGE oreo mudslide pie and the carrot cake was also delicious. Prices were reasonable. $12 for a burger, $12-15 for a salad, $5-6 for a bowl of soup and $20ish for an entree.

Our waiter Laurence was extremely friendly and one of the best we had during a week of eating out. We recommend this restaurant without hesitation and would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Went here at the recommendation of our hotel (Hampton) front desk - was so happy they were right for once!

Big River has a huge bar area with tables as well; since I was traveling alone, sat at the bar and Shawn took great care of me. I tried a few of the beers before selecting the Irish Red, then the Sweet Magnolia Brown; and paired it with an incredible lobster and crab enchilada (blue corn tortillas, lime rice and black beans). Shawn said that 90% of the food is made onsite from scratch... and the woman next to me, who had the shrimp and grits, said that mine was better than hers (which was also very good!)

Reviewed 5 April 2017

My wife and I were travelling and the clerk at the Hampton Inn suggested Big River Hamilton Place. We enjoyed the local beer and the food and found the atmosphere pleasant. The menu had a wide selection and the prices were as expected for this type of restaurant.

However, after eating here a phone/mail-order charge appeared on my credit card that I did not make. I normally keep a close watch on my charges but we were en route to Florida for vacation and I didn't discover this charge until we returned home. I mention this here not to disparage the restaurant but to remind everyone that there is a danger when your credit card leaves your hands.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We never eat anywhere else when we pass through Chattanooga, TN, there's no need to go anywhere else this place has everything-great beer, great food, good people. The shrimp and grits is very good and we like the country fried chicken also. This place is popular so be prepared to wait for a table on weekends, but it's worth the wait and you can enjoy one of their brews while you wait.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

This local grill and brew pub is a nice, if not drastic, change from chain restaurants. The menu offers the standard two kinds of steak, some chicken, salmon and fish and chips along with limited sides (eg: mashed potatoes, rice, beans). The beer was good. I got a sirloin for around $25 and it was served in a timely fashion and cooked as ordered. My local grocery has more tender sirloin. It's a good choice if you're staying at the Hampton next door (10 percent discount with coupon).