“Fresh oysters, good dinner overall”
Review of Easy Bistro & Bar

Easy Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Easy Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Street
Transit: Easy Bistro & Bar is located just outside the Chattanooga Downtown Electric Shuttle Terminal. If you ride the shuttle simply walk out of the tunnel to Broad Street and take a left.
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Trendy spot, and you pay a bit extra for the atmosphere - 5 oz wine pours seemed a bit stingy at those prices. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of oysters and presentation. Creative cocktails were definitely a hit.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

The Easy Bistro scores highly on several things, but falls flat on some important items.

To wit- we were looking for a place to eat when we spotted the large "Oysters" neon sign out front. We being lovers of oysters, and connoisseurs of the delicious bivalve, decided to give the place a go. It was about 6 pm on a Saturday night. We did not have reservations, but the place was empty and the pleasant hostess informed us we could get a table when we wanted to.

Drinks at the bar began our meal. The friendly bar staff were efficient and courteous. Cocktails range around $11-$14, which is expensive by Chattanooga standards, but cheap for those used to drinks in say, NYC, the DMV or LA. They were well prepared and tasty.

We began our meal with the grilled oysters. Frankly, in hindsight, we should have simply feasted on the oysters. They were delicious- which pleasantly surprised us, as we generally don't order oysters this far inland. Perfection.

My companion had a large salad as his entree. He reported that the ingredients were quite fresh and tasty. I ordered the hanger steak. Here's where the trouble began…at $28 or so, I was presented with a rather small steak accompanied by a large mound of (indifferent) fries. While cooked to my taste, the steak was small and, to my chagrin, pre-sliced. I have to say, I've had better.

Dessert was the equally indifferent. I ordered the creme brûlée, which was overlarge but underwhelming. The Easy does have a rather remarkable after dinner selection (all things considered), and the Calvados at $7 a pop was delicious and a bargain. The house white, disparaged by other reviewers, was actually quite good.

Our bill was impressive, even by our East Coast standards. Combined with some of the indifferent food, it was enough to take a star off my review. However, the oysters were fabulous- order the oysters, maybe a small plate, and you won't go wrong.

The highlight of our meal was the staff. I was very impressed by the professionalism, care and courtesy every member of the staff displayed. They know their service, are attentive without being intrusive and wonderfully friendly. If I could take the Easy's staff's attitude and bottle it up, I'd make a million dollars selling it to other restaurants. Every single staff member showed a refreshingly pleasant courtesy and professionalism that, as a diner, I have come to miss at many places.

On this point alone, we'll return to the Easy, and perhaps I'll order something that will tack on another star to my review. Overall, I'd recommend the place- just focus on what they do well.

2  Thank Will W
Reviewed 23 February 2015

I didn't know it was so fancy but once I got over the fact I was in a tshirt and tennis shoes the restaurant was very enjoyable. The food was unbelievably delicious. I would go back every day.

Reviewed 23 February 2015

The service was unreal. Small and intimate atmosphere was great. The food was awesome top to bottom. We had the crawfish and artichoke dip, and an assorted bread and cheese platter. The dip, one word, Delicious. The assorted cheeses were not my cup of tea, but I am not a cheese connoisseur. Three out of the four of us had the brisket. Again, one word, Amazing. The fourth had the trout and it too was amazing. Definitely a great dining experience and worth it.

1  Thank Derek W
Reviewed 3 February 2015

We had made a reservation at this restaurant for a Sunday night of a holiday weekend, not sure whether the city was going to be busier or quieter than usual. However, although it was pretty quiet, Easy Bistro was humming nicely for a weekend evening and there was an upbeat atmosphere. We started off at the bar for a cocktail and some oysters, and were really impressed with the server. She encouraged us to order our wine with her, so we could taste it and get it decanted well in advance of dinner if it needed it - which it didn't, she helped us make a great choice. The trouble was that we were so comfortable by this time, that we ended up staying at the bar for the whole meal. We enjoyed the steak tartare and roasted octopus, and both were excellent. For entrees, we ordered the filet mignon with bone marrow - our favourite dish of the evening - and can also highly recommend the duck confit. The whole experience was a delight, with fabulous service "with a smile" and a wonderful foodie atmosphere. Highly recommended as a special spot in Chattanooga.