“Dinner before theater ”

Food Works Riverside
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Works Riverside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 902 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I chose to eat dinner here before going to watch a play. We were promptly seated upstairs. The restaurant has a very nice ambience and a nice selection on the menu, which includes their own beers. My wife had one of their beers and she liked it. We both had the filet mignon. The steak was good. No, this is not a high-end steak house, so don't expect that quality of steak. But, it was good. Our server seemed a little nervous at first, but he was young and became more relaxed. Overall, we like the restaurant and will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have often been to Food works for brunch and they have not disappointed with their $1 mimosas and tasty breakfast bowl (i've had shrimp and grits & truffle potatoes in the past and they were also good). I have no complaints on service, but it is a very busy time to go to foodworks. So, as expected, it took a long time to find parking, to be able to even order Mimosas while waiting for a table (just do yourself a favor and get a double) and in the end I had to let the hostess know that there were 2 empty tables outside and that we didn't mind being seated out there in order to not have to wait any longer. Again, not a problem with the staff or service...just a product of frequenting a favorite brunch place in town.
Don't go hungry.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have been to Food Works and the food is pretty good. The service is good. The service is almost too good because of their frequency of coming to the table. I would definitely suggest eating here if you want something a little different than barbeque or fried this and that which you find a lot in the South.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

When asked where I wanted to go for my 54th birthday I said let's go to our old standby and have brunch at Food Works. I need a Crab Benedict. If you have read any of my pervious reviews abut this place I want to retract every kind word i have written. We were served cold food. Not everything we ordered came out at first. After requesting more water from two servers my dining partner got up and helped herself. I asked for a little more hollandaise, for my extra grit cake that came late from the kitchen, I was served cold hollandaise. When I asked why it was cold I was told "we serve it cold". OMG!! I'm not sure what's more upsetting.....being lied to or that I looked stupid enough to believe it. After a second request to see a Manager someone finally showed up. He had little explanation for why our meal was such a disaster. I was so mad I didn't bring up why over the past few months portions have shrank. Any smaller portions and they will be forced to stop using chicken eggs and start using quail eggs. It's sad to see a local place loose their direction like this.

1  Thank Darrell P
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I've never been a fan of Food Works. It is quite popular for brunch. That is probably because of the cheap mimosas and PBR tall boys (if you buy an entree). However, I will say it seems better than it once did. I have been twice in the last month or two. They are generous with the champagne, which is nice because most places would stiff you for a mimosa special. $1 for single and $2 for a double?! Can't beat that! (unless you make your own at home). I enjoy the chicken and waffles. I had the french toast with lemon and almonds today, and I really enjoyed it. Not too sweet. Calamari is tasty. They also deep fry banana peppers with it. Fried green tomatoes are good and served with pimento cheese. My friend loves the bruschetta. Last time the breakfast potatoes were over seasoned. Today they were good.

The staff is very friendly.

The place seems to be improving or growing on me.