“Room was not up to code, no smoke alram and outlets were in question”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland, TN
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I booked three nights and stayed three nights, the more I stayed the more I was not satisfied. All around the hotel was dirty, back rooms you could see the dust on the window sills, emergency light not working, a broken car was in the lot with several flat tires, even the laundry room area was dirty!! I took pictures and sent to management, and office, and to the City coding office. I was offered one nights refund, ask the Desk clerk who was the spokesperson to go back and possibly add at least another night or. I just spoke with her to follow up, and with me not accepting the first offer I now am now turned down for any reimbursement. I admit I could of left and went else where, I choose not too, I could of easily closed them down, I choose not to and gave them a chance to clean up and repair. Now I am saying, DON'T STAY THERE!!!! This is very poor Customer Service, there saying Cooperate is making the decisions, I question this and feel it's the owner, if is Cooperate I am shocked! If Cooperate is supporting this and allowing there Name to be used as a Franchised they truly need to come out and review. They say all areas have been addressed, I challenge this, if you to choose to stay there check the whole room and surroundings before and go from there. I hope Booking.Com and others agency's think twice before offering this Red Roof. And the pool was filthy !!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this location
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
REDROOF I, Management Team at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland, TN, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Guest,
At the time of your stay we were remodeling and still are as we just became Red Roof Inn last June. As far as the laundry room is concerned that area is for employees only and when laundry is being separated, washed and dried it does tend to get a bit messy. I assure that we are up to city code specs or would not be open. There were many opportunities to address your situation during your 3 day stay and had we known, we certainly would have done our best to accommodate your needs. Our team takes great pride in providing the best stay possible for our guests. If concerns are addressed as they arise, it is much easier for our team to address them in a timely manor to make your stay and enjoyable one. Our team sincerely regrets that your stay was unsatisfactory we welcome you back anytime and would be happy to accommodate any needs you may have.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing service when we had to evacuate there during Hurricane Irma. During the stress of the situation, when we left to return to Florida, I realized that I had left all my electronics in the drawer. Unfortunately, the cleaning lady who looked after our room passed away shortly afterwards. We are so grateful to Elizabeth that found the package that was left in lost & found and returned it all to us.
Thanks again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geri S
REDROOF I, Management Team at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland, TN, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a lovely review.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Cleveland on/off for the past couple of months due to business. I've always been made to feel at home by Elizabeth Hurley, the front desk clerk. She is always very helpful and always has a smile on her face. The hotel is always clean and the decor is pleasant. I've enjoyed my experience at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Returning to the Florida Panhandle after Irma evacuation with a dog and my 87 year old mom - we were tired and uncertain what to expect. Jennavee was our first Red Roof contact and she was patient, thoughtful and so very welcoming. Also met Wilma and Jack - EVERYONE was terrific and it eased our tensions considerably. SOOOO grateful to find that RRI welcomes pets! The room was spacious, clean and a true haven. Regrettably couldn't stay for the breakfast offering - perhaps another time as we would definitely stay there again. Big thanks to the RRI 844 team.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M
REDROOF I, front desk at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland, TN, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Ms. Linda,
I was such a pleasure to accomodate your mom, you and your dog. I enjoyed our conversation very much and was so glad you chose us as a refuge from Irma. It was such a stressful time for all and our team was so happy to have you ride the storm out with us.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We had a pipe burst i our home and had to stay here for a couple of nights while cleaning up. It wasn't a bad stay at all. The staff were friendly and the room was clean. I smelled a little hint of cigarette smoke though it was a non-smoking room. Odd. Overall it was a good stay, and I imagine I would stay here again, if needed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience.