See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I got lucky I guess, nothing going bump in the night, good working HVAC unit, extremely comfortable CLEAN bed. For the price its worth a look, I'll stay again if I ever have to. Not much as far as amenities go but the staff was friendly. I was given a discount and they helped me out in every possible way to make sure my stay was pleasant. Plenty of shopping and dining choices nearby.

Room tip: I happened to have 103, nonsmoking room. I am OCD and I was comfortable in that room
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

This motel has been taken over by new management. I am here on longer term work assignment so wanted a good weekly rate which I got here. My room was smaller in size but walls and ceiling newly refinished, king bed with memory foam mattress and new 42" flat wall mounted tv, new fridge with mini-freezer and new microwave. Manager has some grills outside for guest use also. I am quite content in my small but cozy room !

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Our room has not been cleaned in ALONG time. the floor around the toilet and tub had dust balls and long hair all over . There were spider webs in the corners of the walls. The shower curtain had mold half ways up it. The bedspreads smelled of cigarette smoke and body oil, we had a non smoking room. Had to take them right off the bed.On the up side, the sheets were clean, the TV, microwave and frig worked.

Room tip: bring your own bedding and towels.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 10 May 2015

Stayed at this hotel on James Asbury Drive in Cleveland Tennessee on our way to a Florida wedding. The toilet overflowed about 2:30-3:00 am and I went to the front desk for help. When checking out later that morning, I commented to the same young man who was on the desk earlier and his response to me was "well you're not paying the rates of another more upscale motel. He was right and I will make it a point to never stay at a Royal Inn again. Bad Attitude.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 days while our electricity was out at home. Extremely cheap rates. Around 60$ per night.

Parking is crammed and behind the front of the building, getting in and out is a little difficult especially if you have a large vehicle. Not very much lighting in the parking lot either so I would keep trips out the car very limited after dark...was a little creepy.

Cleaning staff was extremely nice and eager to change our trashcans, make the bed, etc. Not much for amenities... but what can you really expect from such a cheap hotel. There is decent sized bathtub/shower in the bathroom (which was extremely large, by the way) but there was no tub stopper in our room so we were limited to shower only. Bathroom had hairdryer and a large mirror, one sink. Toilets and tub were clean. Towels were old, but clean. The floor in the bathroom needed to be swept and mopped.

Décor was outdated, there was no ironing board or iron for ironing clothing. Clothing rack was rusted metal and really old and nearly broken, bent. TV was old, most hotels have upgraded to a small flat screen but our room had a Sylvania tv, at least it wasn't extremely small. Room had free cable and Wi-Fi and HBO. There was a small desk in the room which was nice. Lamps were EXTRMELY old and dirty and the shades needed to be changed completely rather than just cleaned. Bed was large (king size) and very comfortable. Sheets were clean. Comforter should probably be updated, it wasn't very pretty. Plenty of blankets. The heating/air unit seemed to work very well also. Phone was really old but worked fine, had free local calls. Room was equipped with a microwave and small refrigerator, both were clean. The lounger next to bed looked so old and dirty I refused to sit in it. Room looked like it was freshly painted. There was a locked door which led to the room next door to ours, which was a little odd.

The carpet was absolutely filthy. I insisted on wearing socks the entire stay. The floors turned my feet BLACK! Gross!

Also there was no do not disturb sign with our room. Rooms were pretty quiet, however. Not totally sound proof, but I couldn't hear anyone's conversations and car noise was quiet. Hotel offers a spa which I didn't try. It's just a hot tub. And if the hot tub is as dirty as the lounger or the floors I think I am good on that.

Location was great, right off of Paul Huff Pkwy in Cleveland, down the road from many restaurants and dining - Olive Garden, Fazoli's, CiCi's Pizza, O'Charley's, Chili's, and Steak N Shake. There is also a Wendy's across the street and a Hardee's next door. Hotel doesn't offer any kind of breakfast but does do complimentary wake up calls. Bradley Square Mall is right down the street.

It's doable as long as you have socks on and only planning on staying for a day or so. DEFINITELY needs to be updated, though.

Room tip: I would pick Room 101 because it is closest to the parking lot where you can see your car. Also only a few steps away from coke machine and lobby entrance.
Date of stay: March 2014