“Excellent BBQ Wonderful People”

Brickhouse Barbeque
Ranked #44 of 145 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 June 2012

After eating there several times I also had them cater for a party of 150 people. I cannot so enough about there food and wonderful people that work there. They are very reasonable on pricing and are very professional with there catering. Thanks Brickhouse BBQ.

1  Thank John H

Reviewed 3 March 2012

The bbq was average. Nothing to stand out. Side items were ok, but once again, not great. Somewhat bland taste. Beans and slaw were our choices. Pretty standard. It was ok and affordable, but nothing special. Doubt we will be back.

1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 13 December 2011

In my opinion, don’t bother stopping at Brickhouse Barbeque in Columbia Tennessee, and here’s my reason.
I would have been a good customer for them because I make a trip every week, back and forth from Nashville, and around on the bypass, and was looking for a good food stop.
I’ve stopped twice, and twice, tried to order the same menu item, the stew both times, unsuccessfully.
The first time, the stew was “out of season”, the second time on Saturday, in the middle of the day, in December, I was told they “hadn’t gotten around to making any, yet”.
Why bother putting a food item on the menu if you're not going to have it available for your customers?
In my opinion, if a restaurant takes this type of attitude with their customers, they must be operating it as “hobby” instead of as a regular business.
My advice, “Don’t bother stopping”.

3  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I had driven past Brickhouse BBQ for a couple of years, before I was taken there by a friend. The BBQ pork sandwiches ... the quality of the pork, the Memphis-style slaw and the amazing hot sauce ... make this consistently one of the best BBQ sandwiches I've had in a long time ... especially if you ask for toasted buns.

If you think you are a fan of hot sauce ... Brickhouse's is excellent ... but not for the faint-of-heart. It's very flavorful, but too much will not only cause you to break out in a sweat, it can cause other reactions. I've seen people who prided themselves on being hot sauce junkies (who put too much on their sandwiches) start hiccuping as a physical reaction. My advice is to put on the very good medium sauce and sparingly add the hot sauce. The great slaw will be a good modifier, too. The beans are very good, but nothing to write home about.

Visually ... exterior and interior atmosphere ... this is a totally unimpressive place, but you aren't going there for vibe or personable service. It's the sandwich that is the whole reason for going there. Get a family pack and it'll serve at least six or last you for a couple of days.

Been to Brickhouse Barbeque? Share your experiences!