“Just great!”

Ranked #8 of 181 Restaurants in Cookeville
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Traditional and authentic Mexican food... huge 32 oz mugs of ice cold beers... great salsa too.. decently priced... right next to the Best Western Lobby.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I ordered Chili Colorado. The red sauce was thin, watery, and without much flavor. The meat had an unfamiliar flavor for which I did not care. On the other side of the table, my wife had a Chicken Chimichanga that she found delicious. Our sever was very attentive and kept us in chips, salsa, and drinks.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Food was good but not wonderful, ok on the friendly service. My husband how ever likes the restaurant ok.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

El Tap has great food at a very reasonable price. Fried jalapenos are perfect. El Tap does not nickel and dime you to death, when you want it your way. I have been to other Mexican restaurants in Cookeville that charge you for everything even lemons in your water. The best part is craft beer for 7.99 a pitcher 2 thumbs up.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Not a particular fan of Mexican food; however, the gang wanted to go. First time to eat at this restaurant and was anticipating a tasty meal as there were lots of cars in the parking lot (usually a good indication). Was promptly seated. Ordered fajitas which was served in less than 5 minutes (not a good indication). Although it was "sizzling", the meat, chicken, peppers, and onions were absolutely cooked to death, almost to the point of being unrecognizable. Tasteless and extremely dry. I assume it had been left over from lunch and just heated up. Waiter was unconcerned that I pushed the plate to the side. Cashier asked if everything was okay and I told her not really. She never inquired as to my dissatisfaction. Will never return to this restaurant, as there are too many other options in the Cookeville area.

Been to El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!