“Worst Mexican food ever”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 181 Restaurants in Cookeville
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Over the years while attending a weeklong conference I always made at least one trip to this restaurant. In the last 30days I visited Cookeville twice ordered the same menu item and the food actually got worse. The staff are polite and courteous, but the food has deteriorated to a place I just don’t want to visit anymore. I asked the manager if the place had changed management or chef and the manager said nothing had changed. I think Taco Bell might be a better choice. The manager did not charge me for the menu item, but I would not return despite his good faith gesture.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

A friend of mine said I needed to try this restaurant and I am so glad I did!
The food, was excellent! And the price was very fair to the portion size. The wait staff was friendly. It is walking distance from the hotel I was staying at.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Traditional and authentic Mexican food... huge 32 oz mugs of ice cold beers... great salsa too.. decently priced... right next to the Best Western Lobby.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I ordered Chili Colorado. The red sauce was thin, watery, and without much flavor. The meat had an unfamiliar flavor for which I did not care. On the other side of the table, my wife had a Chicken Chimichanga that she found delicious. Our sever was very attentive and kept us in chips, salsa, and drinks.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Food was good but not wonderful, ok on the friendly service. My husband how ever likes the restaurant ok.

Been to El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!