“Roane Street Grill Dining”
Review of Roane Street Grill

Roane Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Harriman
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Roane Street Grill offers local dishes as well as standard fare for a local grill. You are first greeted with Appalachian hospitality by the waitress, no such person as a stranger, just friends you have not met yet. The bill of fare is reminds you of the fifties sixties diners. Specials are listed on a dry erase board and often go fast due to popularity. I am not a big fan of chicken livers, but the cook at Roane Street prepares a deep fat fried chicken liver that is crisp and tasty, even for the person that normally passes them up with the "my mom used to make me eat 'em and I do not like them." The desserts are fantastic, such things as "coke" cake, chocolate cakes that will satisfy any chocoholic, and a coconut cake that is unsurpassed.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

We were looking for something apart from a chain restaurant for lunch and found the Roane Street Grill. The menu is full of items for lunch. I tried the "Deluxe Grilled Cheese Sandwich" which included Mac and Cheese, pepperoni and bacon. It was surprisingly good. I save room for the homemade Peanut Butter pie. The portion was just right and it was awesome. The service was excellent - our drink glasses were never empty.

If you are in the area, make the stop.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Got the recommendation from TripAdvisor to visit this restaurant. I had the rib eye steak because they said that they were known for good pieces of meat. It was very tasty and I did not get any seasoning or anything that would cover the taste of the steak it was kind of skinny and thin not very much meat on it I probably would not order it again if I was given the opportunity to come back the staff was very friendly the building was very clean neat and organized that nice Hometown feeling of a great restaurant in a little town to get some good comfort food I would definitely come back to get something else but definitely not the steak

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Great little find in Harriman. It looks like it was converted from an old gas station to a restaurant. The Food is outstanding!!!!! They had an all you can eat wings and catfish with fixins plenty of food great taste. Menu had several other home cooked meals on it. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Harriman. Very nice folks.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast on Christmas Eve morning and were glad we did. The service and atmosphere were enjoyable and the restaurant was quite busy. I had the small order of sausage gravy with one biscuit with a side of bacon. The bacon was crisp and had a good flavor and the sausage gravy was very tasty with chunks of sausage. My husband had 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties and a large Belgian waffle. The sausage was excellent and tasted like it was made in-house. Although I am not a waffle fan, one bite had me convinced to order one on our next visit, they are that good.

We will definitely return to sample their menu items and perhaps try a dessert from the long list of pies and goodies listed on their white board. Looking forward to going back soon.