“Seriously good BLT”
Review of Roane Street Grill

Roane Street Grill
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Harriman
Description: We are a family-owned and -operated, homestyle-cooking restaurant. If you are ready for a fantastic feast, come down and taste what our chefs have prepared for you. We have steaks, seafood, burgers, chicken, BBQ ribs, pulled pork, catfish, and sandwiches of all sorts. If you come on down on Saturday morning from 7:00 to 11:00, you can enjoy our all-you-can-eat buffet! Fresh and made to order, Roane Street Grill offers a menu sure to satisfy the pickiest eater, we serve something for everyone! Check us out today and taste what everyone in Roane County, TN, and the surrounding areas, have been talking about.
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

This was a seriously good BLT. I mean, anyone can make a BLT right? Not like this. This was perfection better two slices of bread.

1  Thank Melissa M

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We've made the 20 minute drive to Harriman several times to enjoy their extensive menu, daily specials and great home-cooking. I've yet to have anything there that hasn't been good. This past Sunday we went for their Sunday Buffet, and as I told the server I would have thought my Mom was in the back cooking. It was so good. Usually at a buffet I feel like I should eat mostly meat to make it worth the money (and also because the vegetables and sides are never that great), but at Roane Street Grill the many vegetables were all incredible. They have a nice salad bar. The Scalloped potatoes were amazing. Mashed potatoes...amazing. Green beans...amazing. They had fresh from the garden corn and okra. Fried apples that were so good my wife said she should have just got a plate of those! Of course, the meats were good too. Fried chicken, beef tips and smoked pork were all perfect. Price was a very reasonable $11.95 per person.
If there is one thing I'd change, it would be to have some kind of dessert on the buffet (although I don't know if I would have had room for it). Their desserts are a little pricey (considering the price and portions of everything else). I've had their dessert before (coconut cake) and it was very good, but at $4.95 for a piece, I probably won't again.
Still, it's one of our favorite places to go. GREAT service, GREAT food, and a great atmosphere.

1  Thank BruceTENN
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We go for a cruise around the neighboring towns and always look for the local food, this place is awesome for lunch and has reasonable prices , it's a place where working people eat and a southern comfort food for those that need it.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on way to Big South Folk National Park from Atlanta and first off I have to say the employees and customers were all very friendly, everyone genuinely smiled and greeted you warmly. The home cooked buffet with fried chicken, lasagna, chicken livers, pork BBQ, various veggies, salad bar, etc. were all excellent. Place was neat and clean, including bathrooms. Definitely recommend and will be back.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Roane Street Grill offers local dishes as well as standard fare for a local grill. You are first greeted with Appalachian hospitality by the waitress, no such person as a stranger, just friends you have not met yet. The bill of fare is reminds you of the fifties sixties diners. Specials are listed on a dry erase board and often go fast due to popularity. I am not a big fan of chicken livers, but the cook at Roane Street prepares a deep fat fried chicken liver that is crisp and tasty, even for the person that normally passes them up with the "my mom used to make me eat 'em and I do not like them." The desserts are fantastic, such things as "coke" cake, chocolate cakes that will satisfy any chocoholic, and a coconut cake that is unsurpassed.