“Dessert was wonderful ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

I went in solo and sat myself. Immediately the waitress took my order and shortly thereafter brought a drink. There was plenty of seating at lunch and no wait. Menu was basic deli stuff, three selections of soup (one of which was gone by noon), and a great array of desserts. I ordered quiche and it was very good, as was the vegetable soup. I would have called it hamburger soup but nevertheless it was as good as any homemade I have had. There was a bit of confusion over my dessert and I never received it. I made a comment to the clerk about it upon checkout and she gave me a pecan bar.......oh my goodness!!! It was probably the best I have had. That alone is worth the trip. This place is kid friendly and laid back. Seems to be a local hot spot.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Deserts are excellent. Strawberry salad is extra good. Just okay with all else. I visit them about once a month for their Straberry salad or Chocolate Chess pie.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Baker's Rack is a good local restaurant in downtown Jackson. They have home cooking and good desserts. The people that work there are always friendly. Try their chicken salad !

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Lunch menu is great. Very fast service. You can get in and out in an hour. Friendly staff. Baked goods are truly home-made goodness.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Good food and great bakery items. Menu could use a bit of variety. But items offered are excellent. Service is good.

Been to Baker's Rack? Share your experiences!