“Atmosphere has a fun vibe!”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 326 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went in today as we expected something related to Easter but didn’t find it here. We did get a egg with a coupon for a free plate on our next visit. We had lunch instead and will seek another restaurant for dinner

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My friends and I stopped here on our way to West Virginia to go skiing. The restaurant is beautiful and used to be a train station. It has a very cool rustic vibe. The biscuits served as appetizers are awesome! The food was a bit pricey but very fresh and gourmet. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

The experience takes place in a railroad themed restaurant. The food is excellent and the staff friendly and able to answer all questions.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were just driving around and exploring the area when we found Tupelo Honey. First off, I love the decor and can't wait to come back in the warmer months so we can experience the outdoor seating. The entire restaurant, inside and out, is beautifully done in a very rustic and industrial style, while incorporating the old train depot. I absolutely loved it!

As for the food, it was up to par as well. I was torn between what to order, but the server recommended the Slow-Roasted Pork Grilled Cheese... And I was happy that she did as it was fantastic. It was basically a white cheddar grilled cheese infused with a pulled pork BBQ sandwich, all on toasted pumpernickel. The combo couldn't have worked any better. Actually, I'm craving another one as I sit here and type this. The server also recommended fried potatoes for the side and they were equally delicious. Fried to a crispy exterior and coated in a liberal amount of sea salt.

My girlfriend didn't have as much trouble figuring out what she wanted, and settled on the Pimento Cheese and Fried Pickle Burger rather quickly. What might seem like an odd pairing ended up creating one delicious burger. She said it's one of the best burgers she's ever had. And they actually cooked it to order, which is much more difficult to get than you'd think.

They had some really nice beer options too, with a couple from Yee-Haw Brewing (located right across the street). They even had one of their own brews, which I can't recall the name of. The server was great and let me sample 2 or 3 before I ordered one. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Always love these restaurants! Started in Asheville and has spread throughout NC and TN. Amazing biscuits and gravy. Also one of my favorite places to get shrimp and grits. Wonderful for Sunday brunch.