“THIS IS SUPER BBQ PLACE!”

The Firehouse Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 323 Restaurants in Johnson City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We were visiting our grandson at ETSU and he suggested that we all go the Firehouse. Wow, what a great meal. I ordered the Brisket and it was excellent. We loved the way they had decorated the lobby with the old fire truck and historic pictures. We had a very nice hostess (A rate thing these days) and our server was excellent. WARNING... If you arrive late for dinner it will be very, very crowded.

Our waitress confirmed that most of the employees were ETSU students. The five people who rated this place as POOR must have been competitors. We will be sure to eat here again when we return to Johnson City.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Unmatched service. Authentic staff.relaxing, fantastic food. Sit on the 1923 restored Fire engine. Cool!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I usually have take-away and look forward to the pulled pork barbeque sandwich. I have also tried the French dip and we always have steamed broccoli

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We can always count on Firehouse for the best barbeque ever and the friendliest staff and most reliable service anywhere.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I met some old friends who live in the area, and they raved about how good it was...It was pretty good!
I had the ribs and brisket combo, choosing bbq beans and baked potato salad as my sides. The baked potato salad was awesome, the beans were different than I was used to, but still good. I added some of their Carolina sauce to them, and they were much better.
The baby back ribs were excellent, tender and tasty. The sliced brisket was also very good, and I don't usually care for brisket.
I had dessert, which I also rarely do...The Fudge Finale. A German Chocolate brownie topped with coconut icing, hot fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream. Man oh man, so wonderful.
All in all, a very good meal!!