“Dinner with my Greek Friend”

Mad Greek Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 328 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This is a very nicely appointed Dinner with a wide selection of Greek food. They have several locations in Tennessee. The waiter was excellent and our entrees were very good as well as the sides. The deserts were amazing cakes of all kinds.

1  Thank Steve R

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Good Greek, good salads amazing cakes! Staff friendly. Clean and a nice outdoor area that is even dog friendly.

1  Thank SW0820981
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here yesterday. Service was a little slow. I had the falafel pita with broccoli cheese soup. My husband had a Greek salad and stromboli. Our waitress was attentive to begin with but that slacked off later on.
Food was pretty good. I also ordered the pumpkin cheesecake and it was great!

We will probably return and try out new things.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We have eaten a salad here before and I will say the food was good. When sitting at the bar and asking the bartender if various items on the menu contained gluten, because I have celiac disease, she said she didn't know anything except they had gluten free pasta, pita and pizza. We asked her if she would please check to see if the homemade soups contained gluten and when we were ready to order, asked again if she knew if they contained gluten. She was very short and rude, stated she didn't know, she hadn't been back to the kitchen. Also, asked for a glass of expensive wine, and upon tasting, could tell the wine was stale. Very disappointed as we are treated with respect and courtesy at other establishments regarding a very serious condition such as celiac. It sounds wonderful they offer some gluten free items, but would not recommend based upon the servers have no clue of gluten free items.

1  Thank kimelawilliamsikk5
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We eat here quite often. Our service has always been very good and they have accommodated my special requests of the lentil soup without the cheese bread at a discounted rate. Love their Greek salad and dressing. My husband loves their veggie calzone. I am sure they will see us again this weekend. My only suggestion would be that they add a soup/salad combination to their menu.

1  Thank MaccaFan1