“Awesome little bistro”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I was pleasantly surprised by this little restaurant. The ambiance is amazing and appropriate for an evening with friends or a romantic dinner with someone special. The interior design is cozy and reminded me of an 18th century parlor, complete with ornate black leather sofas and a small electric fireplace. My meal started with scrumptious bacon wrapped dates that were a bargain at only $5:00. The bacon was crisp and the almond stuffed dates were sweet and chewy. One of my friends ordered the pan seared salmon. It was a generous size and topped with a lemon herb sauce. My other friend opted for the stiffed chicken breast that was rolled in a cranberry walnut crust. Each entrée was less than $20. I chose a small cheese platter to be served as my entrée. It was priced at $9.00 and was enough for 2 to share. Café Lola is now one of my favorites whenever I'm in the Johnson City area. Definitely an upscale restaurant at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Gigi F

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Cafe Lola has a wonderful selection of soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch. The croique Madame is my favorite sandwich. Wonderful fresh ingredients and great service.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Cute environment with nice waitresses. The food is the real gem though, creative and well balanced dishes served hot.

1  Thank kross001
Reviewed 2 March 2016

This place has it all! Great GF options, high end food and service. It's gourmet so make this a place you are not in a hurry and wanting the whole dining experience. They romance the food rightfully so and you will come back over and over for a nice change in the food chains. My first time there, I asked the waitress to order for me and I was served the most popular dishes from appetizers to desert. Places like this, you should really ask your server to guide you to the best dishes they serve.

2  Thank thinksohuh
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

On top of the 100% chef-specialty delicacies that my taste buds had the honor of thoroughly enjoying, the waiter was the funniest and kindest waiter I've ever had. He cracked jokes with us and had a thorough knowledge of the specialty menu items. We shared the Brie appetizer (pictured), which was not only beautiful, but I wish I hadn't offered to share it. For my entree, I got the Rainbow Trout topped with crab with a side of black rice and green beans. My family enjoyed the pork rib eye, which is melt-in-your-mouth-to-die-for delicious. During our entree, the chef came out to make sure we were satisfied with our dishes. We also enjoyed the Spanish Flan and Chocolate Waffle for dessert. It's as if they cook everything with magic.

2  Thank Sarah B