“Hidden Gem in Tennessee”
Review of Whitestone Inn

Whitestone Inn
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Whitestone Country Inn provides upscale Southern dining blended with the rich flavors of Northern Italy. A 5 course dinner is served nightly at 6:30. A sample menu is available on our website. Reservations are required.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have lived in Northeast Tennessee for almost 22 years and this was our first visit to Whitestone for my niece's wedding. We were pleasantly surprised. It was a little slice of heaven and a great place to get away. We would love to come back for a weekend get away or anniversary. It is my understanding that the Inn is currently under new management. I cannot say that I had any complaints. All of the rooms that I saw during my visit were amazing. The photos online simply do not do them justice. We stayed in the Mallard Room and it was huge and more luxurious than the pictures suggest. The views of the lake from all the rooms are amazing and we enjoyed all the food served at the wedding and during breakfast. My only food complaint would be the seafood served at the wedding. I do not like seafood but my son and husband did not care for their scallops or salmon. Generally I do not believe it is a good idea to ever order seafood unless you are on the coast and can get it fresh.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I spent a weekend at this wonderful Inn and enjoyed every moment. The property is beautiful, the suite was comfortable, the food was delicious and the staff, very friendly.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Dinner is served to everyone at the same time and it took awhile.
Bring your own alcoholic beverages.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Can't top the reviews about the place itself, it is beautiful. My wife and I went for her birthday August 17, and we arrived about 30 minutes early and smelled steak cooking when we opened the car door. I had the strip steak and my wife had a pork chop, and neither was well prepared. Apparently they precook the meat and reheat it to serve. My steak and her chop were long overcooked and neither, surprisingly, had any fat. Other than the entrée, the meal was good. However I can get a good steak for a half the cost of this one.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

If relaxing is your goal, this is the place to go. The beautiful Tennessee River is the backdrop and the grounds made for a picturesque setting. Beautiful building and lot's of nooks and crannies to hid away and relax. The dinner is served at the same time each evening and their tea is unique.