“A Great first experience ”
Review of J.C. Holdway

J.C. Holdway
Ranked #47 of 1,234 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Description: J.C. Holdway is a full service restaurant located in downtown Knoxville, TN. We celebrate regional & seasonal foods form the Southeast, cooked by wood-fire.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Our experience was top notch. We were seated right at our reservation time of 5:30. Hostess was very friendly. Server soon came buy for our drink orders and appetizer and soon followed up for appetizers. My cocktail "top down " was very good. We loved catfish dip and homemade chips for our appetizer. Then for my entree I tired bone marrow for the first time. I came with radishes, broccoli, and brioche. My entree was amazing and I was very glad I tried the tasty bone marrow. Also my wife's steak was very good. We ended with the cheesecake which my wife usually is not a huge fan but she liked it quite a bit more than usual. Overall outstanding so for the negative reviews i say at least give it a second try. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Trout and kale salad was so good. Nice blend of textures and balanced flavors. Bone marrow did not disappoint. I wanted to take the bones with me and gnaw on them like a dog after dinner. Yummy. Good selection of Dogfish Head beers. Good service. Quiet when I went there right at the beginning if dinner service. I will be back.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Great food and friendly service ! Entrees were delicious ,very generous portions . Cocktails are reasonable ,good selection of beer and wine .

Reviewed 14 March 2018

the food here is great, on par with Oliver Royale or Lonesome Dove. But the acoustics are terrible. The crowd noise and echoing is so bad we can't carry on any conversations without yelling and when we leave our ears are ringing as if we just left a Rolling Stones concert... indoors. Absent the bad acoustics we would go back, and would rate this a five instead of a four. Otherwise....

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We enjoyed a Saturday evening dinner (party of 6.) I called ahead because we have a picky vegetarian and were assured that that would not be an issue. There were not many choices, but it worked out fine. The space is lovely, but very loud (it was difficult to have a conversation,) but the food was quite good and service was excellent. One of our party was late, so it was 45 minutes past our reservation time, before we ordered entrees (we did order drinks and some appetizers.) No pressure about ordering and when the final person arrived, everything ran smoothly. Good wine list and innovative desserts rounded out a lovely evening.