“sleeper asian food”

Asia Kitchen
Ranked #191 of 1,200 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Saw this restaurant driving by. They have a good menu with many dishes that you would expect to find however there are many dishes that are unique and if we lived closer we would go back to try. We tried the steamed hocks which were tasty, tender and which included two large hocks. There was a good eggplant dish and of course we had to try one of their noodle dishes which was very good. The food was so good that we ate there twice on our visit to Knoxville.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I eat here often. I highly suggest the crab and corn chowder soup, fish filet In Hunan Chili Oil and a hot pot of either cabbage, cauliflower or broccoli. This is family style portions so a small bowl of soup will feed 4. DO NOT ORDER the American Chinese foods ( sweet and sour chicken, moo goo gai pan, etc) or you will be missing out on What is authentic Chinese cooking. It will change your opinion and expectations on what good Chinese food tastes like. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We had a lovely dinner for a family celebration. Our waiter was personable, and efficient. We ordered family style meals and had fun at one of the big round tables passing the dishes along by way of a LARGE lazy susan. Food was good and traditional. Recommend the crab wonton...delicious!

Reviewed 8 July 2016

I pains me to even give Asia Kitchen an "average" rating vs. a "poor" rating . . . I suppose since a year ago I had several fab meals there on successive days. But, chefs come and go. This trip was for lunch, while all the others were for dinner. Maybe the top chef doesn't work lunches. Tried only three dishes: egg drop soup; chicken hibachi; and, my go-to dish at all Asian restaurants, pork fried rice. Soup: merely poor. Chix: tasty. PFR: quite poor. But I'm going back! . . . . without a doubt, to see if I can find the luster on the menu I remember so well and am so fond of.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

If you walk in for dinner the first thing you will notice is very large groups of Asian's having dinner. They know authentic and after almost 9 years in China I think I do to.

This place is wonderful. They have many Americanized dishes but traditional favorites my Chinese wife just loved. We try to go as often as we can.

My personal favorite kung pao chicken made me thing I was back in Sichuan.

Service was good but could be slow.

2  Thank Kilroy238