“Authentic, Delicious Chinese Food!”
Review of Asia Kitchen

Asia Kitchen
Ranked #194 of 1,199 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 11 April 2017

It is not easy to find "real" Chinese food in the Knoxville metropolitan area. Many Asian restaurants here are combination spots, offering Thai, Chinese, and Japanese items on the same menu, and for the most part, not excelling in any area. The Asia Kitchen, however, is the exception to the rule. My husband and I eat here at least three times a month, usually to take advantage of the outrageously inexpensive lunch specials (most items are $6.95 for soup and an entree). We order our items "extra spicy," and the food is delivered with a deliciously spicy kick. The full menu includes some fairly standard Americanized Chinese fare, but reaches to provide authentic dishes such as my personal favorite, the eggplant hot pot with ground pork. It is encouraging to see so many Asian diners in the restaurant. The service is friendly and caring, but not always fast. Still, the Chinese food is the real deal! And if you prefer spicy dishes, do not hesitate to ask!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We're looking for really good Chinese food in Knoxville. It's popular with Chinese folks so we expected it should be pretty good. We've seen long lines waiting at this place and tried it twice now, about 2 months apart. On both occasions the food was very disappointing, not bad, but not particularly flavorful or very good. My impression is this is a place if you want to sample a large variety of pork intestines and other really ethnic dishes, but we won't be going back. We've had much better elsewhere, including in Knoxville.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with family on Saturday and the place was packed! I had the pho with chicken and veggies, which was gigantic and delicious! My mom had the hot pot eggplant with pork, which was amazing. My dad had hibachi, and we all agreed it was the best hibachi we've ever tried. Great service and even more amazing food!

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We moved here from Minneapolis, which has a very vibrant and varied Asian restaurant scene. We were pretty disappointed in most of the Asian offerings in Knoxville until we found this place. The food is delicious, authentic, and reasonably priced. Service has always been attentive. Go here and try something new!!!

1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Went there on my friends suggestion, service was okay the first two times. The third time we went, we arrived there at six thirty, nobody took the order until a little after seven. We ordered appetizers, nothing showed up until ten minutes after eight, that too we had to flag down a waitress, we had ordered three different kinds they came ten minutes apart. People who arrived there with their CHINESE friends half an hour after we did got there, were served with their food way before we did.

I myself am from India and we went with our Latin American and white friends. It was more than strange to me after 35 years in the USA, I have never had an experience like that to this day.

Not going back, despite the fact that food is out of this world...too bad !!!