Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
A great free gem

We were shocked to find out that it was free admission to get in, so we had low expectations going... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
matts90integra
South Windsor, Connecticut
Eclectic space for art

The Knoxville Museum of Art has temporary and permanent exhibits, eclectic and something for every... read more

Reviewed 30 October 2018
tapbelle
California

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Knoxville
from US$81.99
from US$59.99
from US$60.00
More Info
All reviews permanent collection mona lisa free admission miniature rooms thorne rooms glass exhibit gift shop on display traveling exhibits great exhibits world's fair park bottom floor well worth the visit eastern tennessee galleries installation thread
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was the first thing we did on our trip to Knoxville. It was very enjoyable, there is free admission and lots to see.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank bdstacy13
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This isn't a large museum, but the contents were extremely well curated and well worth seeing. We were particularly struck by the collection of contemporary prints.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank SanDiego_MK
Reviewed 15 March 2018

This was a great way to spend part of the day. We were welcomed right as we came in the door and were given a quick rundown of how the museum is laid out. Some of the pieces were "interesting". There is a room dedicated to local schools in the area, which is a nice touch. Parking was extremely easy and free. I would suggest getting there when it opens (10:00 a.m.). We were the first ones there and some other groups came in behind us.
The only thing I would say is that some of the employees in the galleries could have been a bit more friendly. They were a bit "stand-offish"; however, one of the employees did answer a question.After that, she was a bit snooty when my husband talked to her. Maybe they aren't allowed to engage in conversation with the people who come in?
I will definitely be going back.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank tnslp
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The kids love going here to walk around and learn new things. The children’s area here is fun and very educational. Love going every chance we get.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This place amazed me. The architecture was really interesting but the inside blew me away. Wonderful rooms filled with art representing this local area and beyond. I really enjoyed the Portrait of Mrs. Lazar Raditz, among others.
I loved the children's area located off the entry. Such clever play areas with light up colored peg boards, places to draw and color, encouraging so much creativity.
There is a high ceiling atrium with tall glass windows with a great view of the tall Sunsphere. I was also amazed at how accessible this museum is with free parking. What a gem!

Date of experience: November 2017