“Lunch by the slice”

Gavino's Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #145 of 1,249 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 29 October 2015

We heard advertisements for the restaurant on the radio so we decided to stop in for lunch when we were in the neighborhood. The restaurant offers pizza by the slice for lunch. We had pepperoni and it was delicious. Give it a try.

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

We've been searching for a really good Long Island pizza place! Finally, we found it! I must say. .you have to try the Eggplant Rolliatina! They made it fresh for us, without the prosciutto! As vegetarians we were thrilled! Then we ordered the cheese pizza and the Homemade Lasagna! All fresh, you can sure tell the difference! Can't wait to go back! !

1  Thank Eileen C
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I have been coming to Gavinos for years, sadly I hear Gavin has sold the business and new owners took over. Good news is they took over the recipes as well, thank the heavens. I went today for 2 slices at lunch and it was terrible. Tasted like cold store bought frozen pizza. The table next to me had an awesome looking pizza, I almost wanted ask for a slice since mine was so bad. I didn't, wanted to but refrained. The staff is always so nice but the pizza by the slice was just bad. it won't stop me from coming back but it will make me try other places. I spent 10 bucks plus a tip for gross, i'll find some where else to get by the slice. I could have had an whole pizza elsewhere for that. Still want to try some of the pasta dishes. If they ruined my calzones then I'll be pissed. those are the best. will try next time.

1  Thank KrisMack
Reviewed 24 August 2015

My wife is full bloodied Italian who grew up in Conn. eating Italian food prepared by her Italian parents. Since she has lived in Tn , about 10 yrs now, we have tried a lot of Italian restaurants with her always saying the same thing after the meal, "that's isn't real Italian" Recently someone mentioned Gavinos to her so we decided to try it. We enjoyed it so much we went there two weekends in a row. My wife says that Gavinos has real Italian like she grew up eating. I am not Italian and like most any food but I have to admit the food at Gavinos is very good. The first time there I got a shrimp and scallop dish that was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The second time I had Shrimp Mamma Mia and it was also very good. We also got a sub to go and had it for lunch the next day. Next time we visit I want to try one of their pizzas.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit. First was great, no problems. Price for 1/2 toppings clearly state they are $1.50. We ordered a $14.95 classic with 3 1/2 toppings on one side, as our children only wanted cheese. We received a bill and we were charged $22.95. It should've been $19.45. Upon asking about the extra charges, the owner said the menu prices had changed and now the half topping charge is now $2 each (which still doesn't add up). Then he proceeded to tell us that 3 to 5 toppings are $22.95. The menu does have that option but it's clearly for 3-5 full toppings. And then he pointed to the small print at the bottom that says "prices are subject to change anytime." If he wants to pull that card, then why does he bother having prices at all?

I really do not care about the extra $3 but I do care about excellent customer service. I was really hoping for better.