“Should have tried the pizza, stay away from the clams”

Gavino's Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #154 of 1,242 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 10 July 2017

When I saw the linguine with clam sauce (white or red) I got excited since I haven't had a decent plate in years. I ordered the white sauce and what I received was a plate of noodles drenched in oil and slices of garlic. I think there were about a half a dozen specs of clam in the whole bowl. If they don't know how to make something on the menu don't try to hide it under the garlic! Just tell me, and I would have been happy to order something else. Oh by the way, it was $16, ouch!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Let's be honest. I'm fat. I eat a lot of baked ziti in a lot of cities. It's my favorite dish.

I came here and it's the BEST baked ziti I've ever had. Soooooo good. It was $10.95 and came with two garlic bread sticks.

I added a salad which was also good but a bit pricey ($5) They put the dressing mixed into salad so ask for it on the side if that's too much.

Overall soooo good. I had people next to me that said they came up from Chattanooga for it!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I grew up in NJ about 35 mi from NYC and have eaten plenty of NJ and NY pizza and this joint is doing a pathetic impersonation of NY pizza...trust me.

This pizza is so dry and the 2 slices I ordered were stiff as a board. NY/NYC pizza, by the slice, is supposed to be "floppy" enough to fold over and you need plenty of paper towels 'cause it's messy...it's supposed to be that way.

So, for those of you that have never had NY/NJ pizza if you go to this joint you will still not have had that pleasure.

You would be better served to stay at home and order delivery from any chain.

1  Thank KJ E
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We went to the Turkey Creek location for Pizza. There were just 2 of us dining. First, the pizza was very good. Really liked it. That being said, we were disappointed that they have one size pizza. Large, no options. With just 2 of us, we would have preferred a smaller size. The waiter also advised that the sandwiches do not come with any side, no chips, no fries, nothing. I think lunch would be ok since they do offer an option to have have slices of pizza then but not on the dinner menu. Again. No problem with the food, just found the lack of size options disappointing;

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Always a great meal! The seafood pasta is always my go to. But last time I tried the Bolognese. Jeez, that stuff was gooooood! Want to try the meatballs next but it's always a tough. Never tried the pizza, but have heard praises for it as well.