“Very Good”

Gavino's Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #153 of 1,242 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Four of us had spaghetti, veal and the chicken rollatini. All dishes were very good, service was good. An overall outstanding experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. My family and I went to the Turkey Creek location for the first time last Saturday and tonight I took my mom to try the Kingston Pike location for the first time. Outstanding! Grandma's pizza is fantastic. I had it at both locations. The crust is somewhere in the middle of thin style and Sicilian. The chunky, fresh, tangy, garlicky tomato sauce goes on top of the luscious melted mozzarella. The sauce is something like bruschetta in consistency and flavor. We had both pizzas with pepperoni. The tossed side salad with house dressing is light and refreshing. Last weekend my son tried the Jones Beach fries which are shoestring style with fresh ground black pepper - so yummy. He loved the wings, too. The garlic cheese bread is like an incredible mushroom cloud of bread, garlic butter and melted cheese. Huge and satisfying and never had it quite like that before. I want to try the pasta but I'll have to take home a pizza when I do that because, frankly, I'm obsessed with it. I hope they have gift cards because I'm giving those out for Christmas. My only regret is that I didn't try Gavino's sooner. The Turkey Creek location is larger and more open. Kingston Pike is smaller and more cozy. Both are great!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We saw this listed in a visitor's guide and decoded to give it a try. So glad that we did. Excellent pizza. So good. Reminds me of traditional New York style pizza. I would love to go again, but we are headed out of town tomorrow.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

When I saw the linguine with clam sauce (white or red) I got excited since I haven't had a decent plate in years. I ordered the white sauce and what I received was a plate of noodles drenched in oil and slices of garlic. I think there were about a half a dozen specs of clam in the whole bowl. If they don't know how to make something on the menu don't try to hide it under the garlic! Just tell me, and I would have been happy to order something else. Oh by the way, it was $16, ouch!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Let's be honest. I'm fat. I eat a lot of baked ziti in a lot of cities. It's my favorite dish.

I came here and it's the BEST baked ziti I've ever had. Soooooo good. It was $10.95 and came with two garlic bread sticks.

I added a salad which was also good but a bit pricey ($5) They put the dressing mixed into salad so ask for it on the side if that's too much.

Overall soooo good. I had people next to me that said they came up from Chattanooga for it!