“Awesome Gluten Free Pizza!”

Tomato Head - The Gallery
Ranked #68 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We believe less processed food tastes better. Not only does it taste better, it's much healthier too. You'll notice this difference in our house made dressings and handcrafted pizzas, as well as in our colorful salads and sandwiches. Fresh produce from East Tennessee farmers like Hines Valley Farm, Mountain Meadows Farm and Colvin Family Farm is featured in our daily specials. Well known for our vegan and vegetarian dishes, our menu has plenty for the carnivore. All of our proteins are nitrate/nitrite free, all natural and antibiotic free. Our house made lamb sausage is cooked in small batches to ensure freshness. Our sister bakery, Flour Head Bakery, prepares all of the Tomato Head's desserts and breads (including gluten free!) Each morning. By using unbleached and unbromated King Arthur Flour, we create healthier and better tasting pizza dough and sandwich breads. We also can easily accommodate your dietary needs. Whether it's a nut allergy, a preference for vegan fare or a gluten sensitivity, our staff will craft a dish to suit your tastes.
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Service and Food were wonderful. Was great to have dairy free and gluten free pizzas to choose from, I highly recommend!

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I was attracted to this place by the writing on the window declaring vegetarian and vegan dishes. Then I read Trip Advisor and found they were well liked. I can see why. I had the gluten free pizza, in which I got to pick my own ingredients. Usually gluten free pizza crusts are like cardboard. Remember the photos of the pizza maker tossing the dough in the air, spinning it to make it get bigger and bigger? Well, you can’t do that without gluten. It just wouldn’t hold together. I suppose they roll them out or something. Anyway, my point is that here, the crust was quite good. That’s saying a lot.

There were many tempting things on the menu. We came back a second time and I had a veggie burger on a gluten free bun. I asked to have an order of fries with that. The waitress said, “We don’t have fries. We don’t have a fryer.” Wow. When I asked for Ketchup for my burger she had to go to the kitchen and bring it back in a little cup. This really is a healthy place to eat.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

5 cheese pizza, as good as it gets. Great variety. Great atmosphere. May hit this place before heading back home!!!!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Over priced. Space cadet servers and employees at the door. No communication between management and kitchen and kitchen and wait staff and wait staff and customers. Will never go back to that particular Tomato Head. Food if you get it was ok but if you order salad with the vinegarette you better like vinegar. So tart and sour you will pucker. If you are hungry and order a lg. sandwich you need to order two because the 9.99 large sandwich is more like a small sandwich with nothing else. Please do yourself a favor and read ALL the revues. Some are better than mine but most are not...........This particular one needs a definite management and employee shake up and probably new kitchen help. Waited over 45 minutes for a salad.

Tomato H, Owner at Tomato Head - The Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

First of all, we appreciate your candid review. We're awfully sorry that we fell short of the mark we set for ourselves - very short from your description. Clearly, that's not the way we aim to do business. I'd like to know more about your experience so we can address the issues - I hope you won't mind if I send you a few questions in a separate message.

Again, Thanks for your review and apologies for the unhappy experience.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

it was a Friday night and very busy but wanted to try as the food looked delioucous. so glad we waited as it was yummy! Great selection...sandwiches, pizza, beers, wine..all looked so good.