“As good as Knoxville has for Asian food”

Ichiban Japanese Grill
Ranked #176 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We live near this restaurant and love Asian food. It has been inconsistent over the two years that we have eaten there. Lately it has been quite good.
I wish they spent time training their wait staff which is usually made up of teenage girls. The service is never very good but it is tolerable given the food.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

My son works near this restaurant so when visiting him there one day, we decided to try it. We expected it to be the basic sushi/hibachi restaurant. I ordered the teriyaki chicken lunchbox with hot & sour soup and it was delicious! The portions were perfect (actually a bit much for me.) My son finished my California roll. Our server was very friendly and prompt. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

The food is always great! Can't beat the sushi and the prices. Our family loves eating here except the service is kinda slow. It seems like they have one server for the entire restaurant something. But nonetheless we still love going.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Very impressed. I used to live near the coast and have had a hard time finding good fresh sushi and quality thai food. They were great. Sashimi was fresh with a perfect texture that melted in your mouth. The sushi was perfectly portioned for a nice flavor bite. The pad thai was very flavorful with a touch of sweetness and the sinapore noodles had a great flavorful spicy taste. I saw lots of people ordering take out as well. Place was clean and service was prompt without being pushy. Great little hole in the wall restaurant.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

My girlfriend suggested this place for dinner.. This was one of the best dinners I have had in a while, the taste of the food was so good, the chicken in the chicken & Broccoli taste like it was grilled, it was fantastic, the spicy shrimp sushi roll was very good as well, we will be back,,,, Often..