“Great Chinese Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Plum Tree is my favorite chinese restaurant. It is in the old Long John Silver's building on Kingston Pk. I have never gotten a bad meal here. The Wonton Soup and sweet and sour chicken are my favorite things to get here.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

At first glance, the restaurant may seem a little overwhelming on the outside; however, the inside is full of charm. When my mother and I had first arrived, the double-doored entrance made it feel like the remnants of Long John Silvers. It was well decorated and left a charismatic impression. Most importantly, the food was well made. The Golden Quail and 8 Treasure Chicken was cooked and served nicely, and the prices were very affordable for what we received.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

I was going to Plum Tree often back from 1990 until around 2000-2001 the food was awesome, you got a good pile of food for a good price, the only place I liked the sweet & sour chicken. We live in Straw Plains so don't usually go on that side of town to dine, a couple weeks ago, we decided we needed to go to Plum Tree. When we got there, we were seated, I had to go wash my hands, the soap was so watered down, I could barely get a lather. Then we got our food, which was half the serving you use to get, I grabbed the Duck Sauce and squeezed it onto my egg roll, it ran down the egg roll, down my hand and arm to my elbow, it was horribly watered down, then I realized everything had been watered down. I told my wife, they've changed management and have someone really cheap running it now. The food was pretty good, the waitress was nice and done well. After that experience, I'll not be back, because some will do anything to cut corners & save money and that I do not trust in a restaurant.

2  Thank snakebyteking
Reviewed 30 October 2015

We dated there along time ago. It's a former Long John Silvers building from way back that has been the Plum Tree for at least two decades. Like, Altruda's for the best Italian around, go there for the little party of 4 booths and inexpensive, delicious Chinese entree's...along with the typical, paper placemats with the Chinese calendar, chop sticks, etc. The staff there has always been cheerful and very nice to us as a couple and as a family. PF Changs may be great, but we like the old school Chinese spot in the Plum Tree.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

We were looking forward to having some great Chinese but this was not the place to have it. Their hot-and-sour soup and wonton soup were very good. But the duck was dried out and the shrimp in lobster sauce very bland.