“Wife's needs a lot of work, but the food is good”

Plum Tree Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #620 of 1,260 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

From the moment you pull up, the place doesn't look very appealing, in fact it needs a lot of work, a little TLC can go along way. With that being said, we had lunch there and the food was very tasty, service was really good, again hate to beat a dead horse, but the place could use some improvements, particularly the floors and seating at the booth. Overall it was a good lunch.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I went in today with the expectation of what I had years ago growing up from this place. What I will say is that my main dish was above average slightly. My hot & sour soup was warm when it came out and that was a disappointment. I asked the waitress to replace it and she gave me a look of shock. It was replaced but only slightly a tad bit hotter . My ginger chicken had good flavor but my rice was ok. My spring roll tasted like it was frozen and not crispy as expected. Nice cozy atmosphere still. Maybe it will get better like it was years ago.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We discovered this restaurant as we stayed in Knoxville on our drive home, and very glad that we did. The food was EXCELLENT, we loved the food, it's real authentic Chinese food, not the "modern" Chinese food, but the real thing! The place looks like it needs to be updated, just a bit aged, but don't let that fool you. The food is delicious and we recommend everyone stop in and give it at try. We were VERY pleased.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Haven't eaten there in years and after eating there tonight, I remember why !
The place looks like it should be condemned. How the health board hasn't shut this place down yet is a mystery.
I'll never eat here again

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We are here for the first time. 3.5 stars in and and I would say that is fair. Got the General Tso chicken and wife got beef and broccoli. Both were decent dishes. Not somewhere that I can't wait to get back to but I would eat there again if we happened to end up there.