“Best Authentic Americanized Chinese food”

Golden Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #152 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 October 2016

If you want a James Beard 4 Star experience, keep driving to NYC, this ain't it. That said, it's better than some meals I've had in China-towns. Whoever says this place isn't clean, is blind and hasn't been to many Asian restaurants....it certainly is! And you can see the kitchen and how it's kept....so, shut up about clean! It's prepared per order so it takes time, it's small, but always full of diners and they present beautifully. Hot and Sour soup the best I've had in years. Orange beef, delish, but I like it spicier than a 5 (barely tingled my tongue) and the broccoli steamed to perfection. Going back again tonight......can't wait.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Food was very good. Place is small, but that makes it better in my book. We have been spoiled for many years by a small place where we used to live, and never thought we would find one like it again.This is about as close as we have come! Only about 4 miles from home, and we will be back!

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

This is our favorite place to eat it and it feels like a place where "everyone knows your name" like on the sitcom "Cheers" theme song. It is family run and extremely clean-- yes you may walk in when they are busy and a table hasn't been cleared yet-- but the bathrooms, floors, etc are all very clean. The food is fabulous and the lunch prices are an exceptional value with some of the meals including soup, egg roll, entree' and rice for less than $9. We get the crab Rangoon appetizers every time we go. We love the General Tso chicken, the Yu Shang Pork, Beef Lo Mein and Chicken Chow Mein, but every dish I've had I've liked and I've sampled most of the menu, including tasting a friend's tofu dish. It was also delicious. If you don't have time to sit down, call ahead and get take out. I can't say enough good about the owners, who serve and cook, and the quality of the food. We love it.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

The food here is amazing! I love the Sesame Chicken and Crab Rangoons. My husband and I eat here at least once a week. About the only thing better than the food is the service. The employees are always friendly and humble as to how good the food is. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

I've been hearing folks rave about this chinese place for awhile. So, I had to finally get by there and give it a chance. Ordered the Kung Pao chicken... Wasn't bad, wasn't good either. Maybe because it was missing the peanuts.. How? Why? Who knows... There are too many good asian eateries in Knoxville, to bother with the "out of the way" drive for this one...

1  Thank Beefseeker