“Checking out restaurant in our new neighborhood”

La Cabana - Cuban Flavor
Ranked #337 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: We serve authentic Cuban dishes -- cooked by Cubans using Cuban recipes.Cuban sandwiches, Congris, Ropa Vieja, and more! Give us a try and you will not be disappointed!
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We have only had Cuban in Florida and it was sad. So we wanted to try this hoping it was much better. It was MUCH better. Service was slow. We were the only customers, except a friend that stopped in to eat. The friend was a distraction, when it came to refills or ordering dessert. Our food came out pretty quick. The steak with garlic and onions was very good! You have to love garlic, which we do. The empanadas, yummy. Croquetas were also very good along with the rice and beans. We will be back. The slightly slow service won't keep us away.

There are newer reviews for La Cabana - Cuban Flavor

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Staff super nice, but out of 2 items we asked for, then waited 40 minutes to be served. Food was good though. 5 stars if they had the items and prepared to serve when opening for the day.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

My family and I went here on a Sunday afternoon. There were only two tables in the restaurant besides us and no one else came in the entire time we were there. It took just over an hour for everyone at our table to be served when the restaurant was dead! I understand if they are busy, but that's crazy for three tables in the place (by the time we got our food, we were the only table). There was no apology or anything for taking so long.

When the food arrived, it was tasty and flavorful... definitely authentic. I really hope this is an exception to their normal service.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped in on a whim and ordered a Cuban sandwich. It was ready in about 3 minutes, piping hot melty buttery decadence as big as my head sandwich. Yumbo. I will be back!

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Stopped in one night on a Wednesday at around 8pm. It was very slow - I was the only customer! The music was LOUD but great, so I didn't mind. I imagine the staff had it cranked for themselves since no one was in the restaurant.

I went pedestrian to give it a go - Cuban Sandwich and Tostones. The sandwich was ok but honestly, nothing to write home about. The pork was quite tough and the rest fairly bland. Not bad but I've certainly had way better and more authentic CS's at other places in other cities. The tostones were excellent, as was the traditional cilantro garlic sauce.

The service was good - not too frequent (as in hardly ever stopping by but I didn't need them to do so very much) and certainly not too often. The lady who waited on me was very nice.

Combine it all and you get a solid average. I was hoping that it would be better based on the ratings here and so wanted to rank it higher but I have to be honest; so this visit gets a 3.

I am saying below that the restaurant did not have a TV because the TV they did have was showing a slide show loop of pictures of Cuba and her people. This is something I'd much rather see than the crap that's on TV, so I really appreciated and enjoyed watching the slide show (please don't change!)