“Great food but not worth the wait”

La Cabana - Cuban Flavor
Ranked #255 of 1,212 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: We serve authentic Cuban dishes -- cooked by Cubans using Cuban recipes.Cuban sandwiches, Congris, Ropa Vieja, and more! Give us a try and you will not be disappointed!
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We stopped into La Cabana on a sleepy Thursday evening while traveling across the state. Counting the three of us there were a total of eleven diners in the cafe. It took about an hour to get our food. My wife and stepson had sandwiches, which tasted wonderful but were delivered about ten minutes before my dinner. They were finished by the time my plate came. The food was good, but we would not stop again.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We have only had Cuban in Florida and it was sad. So we wanted to try this hoping it was much better. It was MUCH better. Service was slow. We were the only customers, except a friend that stopped in to eat. The friend was a distraction, when it came to refills or ordering dessert. Our food came out pretty quick. The steak with garlic and onions was very good! You have to love garlic, which we do. The empanadas, yummy. Croquetas were also very good along with the rice and beans. We will be back. The slightly slow service won't keep us away.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Staff super nice, but out of 2 items we asked for, then waited 40 minutes to be served. Food was good though. 5 stars if they had the items and prepared to serve when opening for the day.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

My family and I went here on a Sunday afternoon. There were only two tables in the restaurant besides us and no one else came in the entire time we were there. It took just over an hour for everyone at our table to be served when the restaurant was dead! I understand if they are busy, but that's crazy for three tables in the place (by the time we got our food, we were the only table). There was no apology or anything for taking so long.

When the food arrived, it was tasty and flavorful... definitely authentic. I really hope this is an exception to their normal service.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped in on a whim and ordered a Cuban sandwich. It was ready in about 3 minutes, piping hot melty buttery decadence as big as my head sandwich. Yumbo. I will be back!