“Birthday bash”

Osaka Hibachi and Sushi
Ranked #674 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

My son wanted to try a new Asian restaurant so we have Osaka a try. My mother got the Hibachi scallops and said they were vooked perfectly. The other ladies all got a Hibachi dish and said they were very good. My son and I got tired the Korean side of the menu and they were terrific. We plan on going back very soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

I love the Korean food from this restaurant. Yookkaejang is my favorite dish here. It is a spicy beef and vegetable soup. You can say you like it milder or spicier if you want. I order medium spicy and that's about right for me. I love the flavor. I also really like the Jajangmyun here. This is black soybean paste with vegetables and pork over noodles. The Korean dishes are served with Kimchi, potato salad, smoked boiled egg, & mildly pickled cabbage which has a pleasant sweet taste. I like to order take out from here. It's enough food for two meals for me. The people who work here are very nice & I've always had an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

My test dish for all Chinese restaurants is pork fried rice, a simple enough dish, seemingly, but the variety of deliciousness, moisture, perfect blending of flavors, and amount/quality of pork can be so varied from restaurant to restaurant I'm thinking lots of well-schooled technique goes into this dish when it's top notch. Only OK here. Didn't try Korean or Japanese dishes which get a range of reviews from others.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Although this restaurant seems like a Japanese restaurant, their strength really is their Korean food. Simple Korean menu but really tasty. The only negative is the restaurant is showing its age. Other than that, it's a nice little restaurant with a friendly owner and great Korean food.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Agree with other reviewers - the hibachi is just so-so. But the Korean menu is fantastic! The dolsat bibimbap is incredible, especially the sauce. Service is quick, efficient and friendly. Super inexpensive as well. Highly recommend!