“Strange”

Bar Marley
Ranked #847 of 1,198 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I must say that we would have gone to this place from just driving by. We went because of a Groupon. The building is run down, and there were sketchy homeless people around as all the other reviews say. The atmosphere was unique, and the owners definitely have a great concept that will be one of a kind if they put a lot of work into the building, both the interior and exterior. We went with our kids, so we did not get to experience the daily nightly entertainment that they advertise. However, the food was not good, and tastes nothing like anything I have had in Jamaica or cooked by any natives. Concept, 5 stars. Area/building, 2 stars. Food, 1 star.

1  Thank CRLsrating
There are newer reviews for Bar Marley

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Worst ever! Colorless slop, you could only taste curry!
Cocktails were flavored water!
We will never be back!
Run down, rusted warehouse with junk thrown around, had to ask around before we got out. We thought we might get punked!

1  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We visited this establishment for a couple of evening beers before we headed home. Not only is this place in a ruin down area, the service sucked, the inside/outside was nasty & we paid $10.00 for 2 warm Red Stripes. We most definitely will not return and will not recommended to any of our friends. It's really ashame...the theme/building has a lot of potential if the right people were to snatched it up!

1  Thank KBeddingfield
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

The ambiance of Bar Marley is pretty cool during the day. However, we had to wait quite a while to get our food. Also, the wraps I had were labeled as "mild." However those mild wraps had my lips and tongue burning. I would hate to see what hot is like! The waitress forgot our plantains that my husband ordered at the beginning of our meal. Either way, we probably wouldn't go there again.

1  Thank TinaW9
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Honestly we didn't even order food there. The place is in a graffitied out abandoned section of Knoxville. I Saw chickens wandering about and the building didn't have doors but curtains and the fences were made out of weeds and straw. I saw some homeless people in he lot behind it. Please go at your own risk people- we thought we'd save some money using the Groupon- never again.

1  Thank Natalie K