“Quality Pizza”
Review of The Comet

The Comet
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Santry
Price range: US$17 - US$23
Description: The Comet is a local pub with a great atmosphere. With Live Music every Saturday night (or Sunday on Bank Holiday weekends), The Comet brings you the best of Live Entertainment. Now serving food from our newly built kitchen - from pizzas, pies and burgers, to nachos, wings and salads - The Comet really has everything you need, all under one roof!
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I called in here for pizza and a pint with my lady friend.
They have a wood-fired pizza oven, and you can tell from the flavour of the pizzas.
They are excellent, and would put many Italian restaurants to shame.
The service is friendly and they have a decent pint of Guinness too.
This place is well worth a visit if you are in the area.
I must say also that the other items on the food menu looked good too.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I have been going to the Comet owned by Darragh O'Mara since my first trip to Ireland years ago. Then, you had to go across the street, buy a sandwich, bring it back to the bar, get a beer and you were set. Now, they have a kitchen and make some great food. Both nights I had the half roasted chicken with gravy and fries and it was delicious.

It is a pretty good size "sports bar" as there are TVs on the wall behind the bar showing games and horse races. There is a separate dining area so you are not caught up in all that hoopla if you do not wish to be.

If you are staying at the Flyover B&B you are less than a two minute walk from the Comet. If you are not, check it out anyway....worth your time.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

We were staying at the Flyover B&B and didn't want to venture far as my daughter and I were tired. It is a busy pub and had lots of TVs showing all the sport but we were sat in a small booth and so it wasn't noisy and didn't bother us. I had a fantastic pint of Guinness and we ate as well. The menu is not that extensive (particularly as I have food intolerances I could literally only eat one dish) but my daughter had the pizza and that was clearly freshly made and she really enjoyed it. The highlight of mine was the ruby slaw (coleslaw) - absolutely delicious.
The waitress was very helpful and friendly so in summary a good local pub, no bells and whistles and nothing fancy on the menu but well cooked pub food and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I visit Dublin for business occasionally and I've found a great Air B&B about 100 yards from The Comet. I was last here in February and at the time they had just started serving food, the mainstay being pizzas from their new wood fired oven.

Back then I tried a pizza on one occasion and a burger on another. Both were fantastic.

On this visit I had a beef and Guinness pie which was also amazing. I was given a choice of sides which meant that the portion was very generous for the €10 I paid. The pie was rich and juicy and the pastry was almost croissant like (in a good way).

Being situated next to a bookie, it tends to be full of older blokes watching horse racing, but it's pleasant and welcoming enough and still had a traditional pub feel, not where you'd expect to get really high quality pub grub, but whoever is running the kitchen is doing a great job, with a simple, delicious menu which completely exceeded my expectations three times in a row.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Here on a Friday night. The first bartender was friendly, but must have got off shift. The 2 remaining bartenders paid us zero attention. Just not a townie, I guess. Went back because I needed to use the bathroom and this was enroute, it was very clean and if not for our waitress, it would have been the same. Not planning on coming back. Gotta work on a little bit of friendliness. Looks like it would be a great place to see some live entertainment.