All reviews bohemia restaurant honesty bar homemade shortbread continental breakfast experience shower michelin star restaurant elemis toiletries studio room turn down service well stocked mini bar outdoor pool on arrival long weekend car park green street lovely hotel steam room
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here in mid October.

ROOM
The hotel room was adequate - shower pressure very good. The bathroom door - paint / wood was bubbling off so could do with some maintenance. It looked pretty scuzzy! Bed very comfortable. The wardrobe door wouldn’t slide open so struggled to get the hair dyer out of a draw. It almost came off the rail. Some light fittings didn’t work. QUITE PRICEY FOR £140 including breakfast.

SERVICE
We ordered coffees from room service in the morning. The staff were very grumpy about bringing this order to the room and it arrived under duress. Apparently we were supposed to order it the night before but were not told about this rule. Who orders a drink the night before? There is also no kettle in the room to make hot drinks.

LEFT LUGGAGE
The main point I need to warn people about!! DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE WITH THE RECEPTION STAFF. We did for the day while we explored Jersey only to find my bag sitting unguarded for anyone to snatch in reception next to the spa entrance. It was not even in eyesight of the reception desk. There is a wall in between. When checking in the bag they made a show of sticking a tag on it but did not give me a receipt ticket back to keep. What was the point ? When we arrived back at the hotel I saw my bag which had my passport/ iPad, wallet / house keys etc in it just sitting unguarded. Staff did not approach me when I opened my bag to check if my stuff had been stolen. I could have been a thief! At that time different staff were working so they would not know if the bag was mine. When I complained the manager was dismissive and said “We always leave guests bags there” and acted like I was being unreasonable!!!
I said - “anyone can take these bags - random people from the street or people going to the spa” She didn’t think that was an issue!!!!
I know that Jersey is supposed to be save but I saw warning signs all day around town saying WATCH OUT FOR THIEVES!
I have travelled all over the world and have not once had my bags dumped in a corner of the lobby with no security. Usually they are behind the reception desk at all times.
See pictures of where my bag was left

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We booked online for a 30 Minute Massage at the Club Spa and can certainly recommend it! We arrived early enough to use the pool facilities where we were met by a very friendly face on the spa reception, sorry didn’t get a name. We were shown around the area with great explanation. The facilities include a lovely steam room and relaxation room. Our massage was done by Jess who was brilliant and we both enjoyed the lovely relaxing experience and ambiance. Thoroughly recommended. Thank you Jess.
Our pamper also included elevenses so after using the changing facilities we then made our way upstairs where we enjoyed our coffee and very delicious muffins. We would certainly not have any hesitation in recommending this experience. Thank you to all staff involved.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Bohemia rest bar v good and Kimmy is an asset..Deluxe en suite room small but adequate but not sure why sink in en suite is so low, shower not very powerful. Housekeeping poor as I accidentally spilt tea on the sheet but it was not changed. Facial great and professional but nothing on the website told us that the pool was down a long flight of stairs and no lift. I have some arthritis and could not do the stairs so no pool for me. Breakfast staff are lovely. Reception staff not as expected in a 5 star hotel. Upon arrival could not find the booking but perhaps because the chap's English was not great... room not ready but ok as we were early; he took our luggage and suggested we use the spa... I pointed out that all clothes in case. We had to ask about hotel facilities vs being told and much left to our own devices. Agreed they would call when room was ready and went out walking until 3pm. Got back and there were 3 staff chatting around the reception and I asked if room was ready and they said yes .. I asked why no one called us and they said they forgot but thought it amusing. Given key card got to lift and called back as told door was broken .. so rummaged through a drawer and produced a single key on a string which we had to share. In the morning we asked if there was a second key or repair being done but told no and that they were waiting for parts and didnt know when as it was down to the owner not them. I said it was not what I would expect from 5 star hotel and the blonde girl on reception shot me down in a confrontational manner "its not 5 its 4" Websites advertise it as 5 star. By now not comfortable at all and checked out after 2 nights and went elsewhere for 3 nights..I have lost over £500 of pre paid monies ... no offer of any money back or even discussion on it. Lots of blame levied towards owner... hope owner does review the feedback.

Room tip: Ask for room not facing the street as it can be noisy in the mornings
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Rooms are small but nice.The indoor pool is down a lot of steps, we could not do them just to steep. Steps everywhere.
The bohemian restaurant /bar is great as are the staff especially Kim. The breakfast staff were great, but hotel front of house reception staff are a disgrace,nothing is important,and their mistakes are defended by laughing and just apologising and ultimately blaming the owner for the way things are, also when challenged on expectations of a 5* hotel just being shot down with , it's only a 4*, thinking that we should be grateful for the standard of service we were getting.
We checked out early and moved to another hotel, so glad we did.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We had always wanted to stay after visiting the spa a few years back and also having eaten in the Michelin starred restaurant.

The two stars out of a possible five I am awarding to the Bohemia bar and cocktail waitress. Great atmosphere for pre-dinner drinks and as hoc cocktail requests. Really enjoyed this.

The outdoor pool area looks fab and is really nice to sit in. Not big enough for swimming but worth a dip. It has a few tiles missing and could do with a tiny amount of repairs.

The room was smart and comfortable and the bedding was crisp and neat. The shower is really hot and powerful. If we had been staying for one night my score would have been higher.

However we were here for three days and the bed was not changed in that time. Every night we were given large shortbread biscuits which we not surprisingly ate in bed. The crumbs got everywhere and stayed in the bed for the three days as the sheets were not even shaken. I was wondering what we were paying for. The photos below show the bed after the room was serviced and the outdoor pool area.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple